A breakthrough in the dark matter mystery?

Discussion in 'Highly Technical' started by TastesLikeChicken, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TastesLikeChicken

2. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

I really hope they've found something big, but this sounds an awful lot like NASA's "Curiosity has found something history-making on Mars!" last November that I'm still waiting on.

I'll wait until the actual release to start getting revved up.

3. lenablue

lenablue Member

I believe in science. Thanks.

4. Harabec

Harabec Golden Member

I've just been on a visit to the Weizmann Institute where they had a presentation of a theory about how Newton's ideas about gravity don't quite work in extreme cases and some changes can account for "dark matter".

Found something online about it...
    http://scienceblogs.com/weizmann/2011/03/07/dark-matter-a-ruling-theory-wi/

P.S this is just a theory, at the same time they're looking for DM as well.

#4 Harabec, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  5. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

no kidding. 99% of the breakthrough stories are nothing more then "it MIGHT be here someday!"

i want to see on the front page of msn "MAN HAS CONQUERED GRAVITY!"

6. Ventanni

Ventanni Golden Member

apparently they found life on mars. I have a friend in the news business here in Florida, and he was having drinks with one of the lead scientists at nasa. the guy said it was off the record, but unless.you sign something or the reporter says that, that doesn't really fly in the news business. now I'm skeptical just as much as anyone, but it might explain why they're so hush hush about it all.

I guess we'll find out when they make their big.announcement. I'm as skeptical as anyone, but having been best friends with this guy and never had a history of lying to me, I see no reason not to believe him. time will tell lol

7. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

Why would they be hush about it? Assuming the evidence is irrefutable, going public with it would certainly give them a bump in funding if nothing else. I seriously doubt they found the Goa'uld on Mars.

8. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

The hole soul reason for not coming forward with there findings is because of man made religion nothing more.
    Could you imagine what the religous world would do if they found out that there was human life on Mars or even a life form equall or greater than human.
    That would blow there level of understanding and there beliefs right out the window simply because they have lived in a box all there life and never looked outside of that box.
    Very soon things are going to be made known about the creator or what ever any one wishes to call him, and it is that simple it has be over looked, a child could understand it, and it's all because we are so small on the scale of things.
    Most religous people are to busy listening to the man that stands up the front in there so called church, right within the word church is a total misunderstanding within it's self.
    So what is a church, many people have been lead to believe that a church is a building, [ WRONG ] a church is a gathering of people 2 or more in a park, pretty much where ever but for a building, and always remember the creator states he does not dwell in a house or temple built by the hands of man, and also remember the scriptures state you shale only worship to the throne of the creator and to him to whom sits apon it, [ IT DOES NOT STATE AT ALL TO WORSHIP THE VIRGIN Mary, it only states that she will be remembered nothing more.
    So here are a few simple facts on why you have not been told that much at all

9. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

Yeah, no. NASA is not concealing information because they're afraid of religious people. The scientific world has bald-faced challenged religious beliefs for centuries, in times and places where the church was much more brutal and effectively half the sate (Kepler, Gallileo, etc).

Please don't try to turn this into a religious thread, we have off topic for that.

10. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

Why would i even try to turn it into a religous thread when it is not, believe me i would start a new thead if that was the case, and NASA would be afraid of 2 things the release of tech and the reaction of the religous world, because it would be either way enough to over throw goverments which would mean the lose of control

11. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

The heating of our solar system has nothing to do with carbon fuels, what is causing this is our position within the gallaxy at this point in time which puts us in line with the black hole in the centre of our galaxy to which could be imitting dark matter that is reacting with the core of the sun and every planet within the said system that aproaches or departs the central plane of the galaxy.
    Proof of this is simple, put a candle 7 inches away from a balloon, nothing happens to the balloon, now if we could put the candle inside the balloon the heat finds the weakest point and expands the balloon, the earth and the solar system are no different from the balloon.
    This is why the tectonic plates are thining from the inside out to which is causing much greater earthquakes that produce bigger tsunami
    heat from the outside will not cause a dormant volcano to erupt

#11 shaynoa, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  12. Matt1970

Matt1970 Lifer

The whole purpose for Nasa going to Mars was to look for life. Now if they supposedly found it they would afraid to release the info?

13. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

And you think that revealing they'd found, say, some primitive bacteria living in the Martian soil would destabilize governments?

14. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

They might let you know of micro life form, but not much more than that,
    but with all respect if you think they went there just for that then you should really go and read Alice in Wonderland again
    if radio telescope can see galaxies hunderds of light years away or our satillites can see plants on the suface of our planet from space, then why did we need to send any probe there at all, really just think about it for a few seconds, the universe is full of life, the universe is life within life as is a cell within your very own body, now think of it on that scale, you are a god to the cells in your own body think of it that way.

15. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

If you keep posting the statement about a religious thread irishscott i will start to believe it is just that

16. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

Well look they found the building blocks to life on Mars, wow what a supprise,
    let me jump one step ahead and tell you the 75% of all planets in near every solar system will have the building blocks,, i wonder if they will tell you anymore?

17. z1ggy

z1ggy Diamond Member

Wow the guy who barely uses capital letters and periods at the end of his sentences must have tons of credibility within the scientific community and can most definitely speak with a high level of knowledge about this subject....

18. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

i think if they did find life, they would do what it takes to be 1000% certain there is no way anyone can dispute it. its been almost 6 months, but i could see it taking that long just to put their case together....

19. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

Never mind that he apparently doesn't know how to use the edit button. And conspiracy theorists wonder why no one takes them seriously.

20. Ajay

Ajay Platinum Member

What? I thought there was momentum building around quantum fluctuations in empty space being responsible for "dark matter's" mass.

http://youtu.be/EgpFlqkKlVM

Since this talk also addresses philosophy and religion; a rebuttal is available here:

http://youtu.be/u_04sMOZrNU

#20 Ajay, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  21. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

Wow look irishscott has found a back bone in his new friend Z1ggy, i wonder if they are going out together, as boyfriend and boyfriend, just noticed that niether of you two used capitals in the begining of your name,wow that must raise me above you in some way that only your small brains must understand.
    If you two were told the truth about the universe you would sit in a corner cringing and crying hopping that they don't come near you, nothing but fools

#21 shaynoa, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  22. shaynoa

shaynoa Member

And this is also a good reason for why you are never told anything,
    if you don't understand it's because you are to busy fighting with each other.

Because you don't understand something you make fun of it, how will you ever learn.
    Your simple lack of understanding even of the Holy Words, you think it refers to religion, the Holy Word has nothing to do with your man made religion.
    the scriptures are only a way of life nothing more, mans religion is only a means of controling the mases.
    Understand that what i study is the holy scripture but as a map to the Universe and beyond, with the knowledge that each planet is a room or each solar system is a room within the body of our creator, and add nothing more to it.
    the sciptures state in my fathers house there are many rooms,
    in other word far more life than you have ever dreamed of.
    Do not judge others if you yourself do not understand

23. Gibsons

Gibsons Lifer

Well, it's been at least two weeks, I haven't seen anything. It's supposed to be in Nature, is that correct?

24. DrPizza

DrPizza Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
    Administrator

Your post is fine for Off Topic. But, please try to keep your posts confined to more factual information, not information that is silly or disproven, in Highly Technical. For the most part, keep the religion threads there or P&N as well. -Admin DrPizza

Came back to this thread, when I saw the thread title and remembered, "oh yeah." I hadn't seen another word anywhere.

25. irishScott

irishScott Lifer

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=218_1363518864