A black republican who is pro discrimination?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
And then from your link

That article isn't supposed to be taken seriously. And why did you just copy and paste that before then post it again where you copied it from?

The first time he used it, he was plagiarizing the article. When he later linked it, he forgot that he had done so.

I find it curious that the article is explicitly labelled "satire." Yet it isn't satirizing conservative criticisms of liberals but is supposedly satirizing liberals. It would seem that labelling it as satire is supposed to excuse the fact that everything in it is a blatant straw man, as if, well we were just kidding anyway.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
And then from your link

That article isn't supposed to be taken seriously. And why did you just copy and paste that before then post it again where you copied it from?
Isn't supposed to be taken seriously? Are you fucking kidding me? Shit, I just had it tattooed on my back... Fuuuuckkkk!

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Now I want to be clear on what you're saying so I'm hoping you can clear it up for me.

While Christianity is to be suppressed at all costs, Islam must be openly promoted in the name of religious awareness, sensitivity and tolerance? Do I have it correct?

No, Christianity is just in reference. Any law with a religious overtone should be abolished. I don't care about the promotion for Islam either.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Prior to the founding of the US, Christianity also combined Church and State.

Even after, to some degree. And Christians bitch horribly at every new separation. "War against Christmas," LOL.
So the ones with the history of preferring religious laws to secular ones in the United States are the Christians, so by Cain's logic Christianity should be banned.

And really, what person wouldn't like the simplicity of having their set of rules as the only set? So, by this, every religious person would like everyone to be of their religion and following their beliefs. So all religions would prefer the laws of the United States to be their own set, including the religious ones. So all religions are unconstitutional, and should therefore be banned.

I'm ok with this.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I have often seen people write that "liberals" are for Islam but want to suppress Christianity. WTF does this mean? I have never seen any move to deny Christians the right to build churches where they want.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
I have often seen people write that "liberals" are for Islam but want to suppress Christianity. WTF does this mean? I have never seen any move to deny Christians the right to build churches where they want.

It means they don't know what they are saying, they just want to ruffle your feathers.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Prior to the founding of the US, Christianity also combined Church and State.

even after the founding of the US massachusetts required people to go to church and connecticut had a state religion.

legally scotland has never had an official church, apparently.

Last edited: