A BETTER AMERCIA- I'm with Mitt!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Romney releases iPhone app. Misspells the country he's running president for. Hilarity ensues.

http://amerciaiswithmitt.tumblr.com/

tumblr_m4tk2eZ42n1rxqttfo1_400.jpg

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
This may be even better than the Bush-Cheney poster generator from 2004.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Where's Alaska and Hawaii?

Maybe he plans to get rid of Palin and Obama in one fell swoop?

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Where's Alaska and Hawaii?

Maybe he plans to get rid of Palin and Obama in one fell swoop?

those are the freak states.

Official: If word gets out about this, Krazy Klown Airlines will be a
laughingstock. In exchange for your silence, I'm prepared to
offer your family free tickets to anywhere in the United
States. Excluding Alaska and Hawaii, the freak states.
Homer: Woo hoo!
[at home]
Good news, everybody! Because I endangered lives, we can fly
anywhere we want!
Bart: Alaska!
Lisa: Hawaii!

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
This is funny, and silly, and pretty meaningless. But at the same time, it is one more instance in a pattern that really runs against Romney's main claim to electability -- that he is competent.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
This is funny, and silly, and pretty meaningless. But at the same time, it is one more instance in a pattern that really runs against Romney's main claim to electability -- that he is competent.
is it a reflection on his competency that some low-paid intern fat-fingered two keys on his keyboard while writing an app that tens of people will ever download?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Is it me or does that red thing look like an Etch-A-Sketch?

EDIT: Oh, it is. Who in the Romney camp that that would be a good idea to even bring that up again?
EDIT2: On second thought, it was probably a photochop.

Last edited:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
is it a reflection on his competency that some low-paid intern fat-fingered two keys on his keyboard while writing an app that tens of people will ever download?

Yes.

It's minor in and of itself, but it fits a pattern where a guy whose main claim to fame is being a "competent businessman" commits one laughably embarrasing gaffe after another.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

EDIT: Oh, it is. Who in the Romney camp that that would be a good idea to even bring that up again?

Yeah, the etch a sketch is a photochop.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
A funny typo, no more. People make mistakes, and if you expect Romney to check over every last thing that his name on it, he'd never get any real work done.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
As was explained somewhere else I was reading about this, designers don't spell. They only see the design elements of the text they are meant to use.

It's a silly thing. Nothing more.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Its a camera app that overlays the message/text on the photo, and then allows you to spam your friends with it. Aka Mittstagram.

The idea was you'd send all these inspiring Romney photos to your friends, and no one would ever abuse it.:rolleyes: Add some idiot spelling mistakes, and you've got a winnar.

tumblr_m4tljn8aeT1rxqttfo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m4tl9docbD1rxqttfo1_400.jpg

Last edited:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
"...57 states..." - Obama

Do we really need to get this low in our debates?

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
"...57 states..." - Obama

This of course is mischaracterized, and Obama has already explained what happened. He started to say fifty... realized he wanted to say forty-seven, and said the seven after the fifty. It was a mixup, but in no way does it indicate that he actually thought there were 57 states.

And guess what -- right-wingers bring it up at every opportunity. So why not this, which is a lot more funny?

Do we really need to get this low in our debates?

Why don't you ask Romney? (You may have to wait until he's done fellating Donald Trump before he can answer.)

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
This of course is mischaracterized, and Obama has already explained what happened. He started to say fifty... realized he wanted to say forty-seven, and said the seven after the fifty. It was a mixup, but in no way does it indicate that he actually thought there were 57 states.

And guess what -- right-wingers bring it up at every opportunity. So why not this, which is a lot more funny?

Do you really think that if you were to ask Romney to spell America he would say "A-M-E-R-C-I-A"?

I am quite confident that he can spell the word correctly, and that Obama knows there are 50 states, not 57. You go to lengths to work out how Obama misspoke, yet use this "Amercia" misspell as an indictment on Romney. Also, I would wager Romney didn't not code the app, hence he wasn't the one to misspell the word. Yet you defend Obama, when the misspoken 57 came right out of his mouth.

Whatever dude, they are both meaningless to anyone that isn't a partisan hack.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You go to lengths to work out how Obama misspoke, yet use this "Amercia" misspell as an indictment on Romney.

I'm not indicting him. I said: "This is funny, and silly, and pretty meaningless."

By itself it's not important. But again, this is a guy running on his business/management background, yet he and his campaign have been letting loose with one howler after another since the start of the year.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
have we confirmed if Romney even knows what an "app" is? I'd assume he'd have plebs for that.