A BETTER AMERCIA- I'm with Mitt!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
This of course is mischaracterized, and Obama has already explained what happened. He started to say fifty... realized he wanted to say forty-seven, and said the seven after the fifty. It was a mixup, but in no way does it indicate that he actually thought there were 57 states.

And guess what -- right-wingers bring it up at every opportunity. So why not this, which is a lot more funny?

Why don't you ask Romney? (You may have to wait until he's done fellating Donald Trump before he can answer.)

What?? 57 IS the number of states, districts and territories that make up the U. S. of A.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
This of course is mischaracterized, and Obama has already explained what happened. He started to say fifty... realized he wanted to say forty-seven, and said the seven after the fifty. It was a mixup, but in no way does it indicate that he actually thought there were 57 states.

So what 3 states is Obama planning to eliminate :hmm:

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Actually the stupidity is simple.

For someone coming in and criticizing the "mistakes" made by the current admin (most of which from a standstill with congress, not any one groups mistakes) something like this, being released for easy viral distribution, it does not speak well of overall managerial ability.

Does this mean he cannot become President? Hell, after "The Decider", "Amercia" on a web app is minor. But it is still an eye-roller that they should (at one level or another) apologize for.

When you are running for leader of the free world, it helps if you spell it right.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Neither one of these candidates plays for team We The People. I think it is much needed comic relief, 57x across this great land of Amercia.

Wait, we have a "team" now? "We The People" is so played out, we should go with Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron.

Do we have an "agenda" too? I think we need one of those.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Wait, we have a "team" now? "We The People" is so played out, we should go with Team Alpha Super Awesome Cool Dynamite Wolf Squadron.

Do we have an "agenda" too? I think we need one of those.

I’m certain campaign slogans are as trite and meaningless as these candidates and their campaigns. You can opt for their obtuse editorial control (i.e., agenda) if you like. Just do it. I'm loving it. Support our troops.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

And guess what -- right-wingers bring it up at every opportunity. So why not this, which is a lot more funny?

Why don't you ask Romney? (You may have to wait until he's done fellating Donald Trump before he can answer.)

When is the last time a Republican has brought it up? The point is both of these are silly and mistakes happen. Big F'in deal. Geez, do some of you think or do you just go off any instance you can.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
What?? 57 IS the number of states, districts and territories that make up the U. S. of A.

Except, the full comment was "57 states and one more to go". So, your explanation doesn't fit. But, who really cares. Geesh.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Actually the stupidity is simple.

For someone coming in and criticizing the "mistakes" made by the current admin (most of which from a standstill with congress, not any one groups mistakes) something like this, being released for easy viral distribution, it does not speak well of overall managerial ability.

Does this mean he cannot become President? Hell, after "The Decider", "Amercia" on a web app is minor. But it is still an eye-roller that they should (at one level or another) apologize for.

When you are running for leader of the free world, it helps if you spell it right.

LOL, you have got to be kidding me. Are you seriously saying that Romney should come out and apologize, publicly, for a typographical error?

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
I’m certain campaign slogans are as trite and meaningless as these candidates and their campaigns. You can opt for their obtuse editorial control (i.e., agenda) if you like. Just do it. I'm loving it. Support our troops.

Oh I *do* support our troops...if only there was some banner, or magnet, or ribbon or something so that I could show EVERYBODY just how much I support our troops.

I certainly don't want to be accused of *not* supporting our troops. They are over there fighting on my behalf for christ's sake. :|

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Way to go OP...make fun of how the son of a Mexican-born immigrant spells...:rolleyes:

:whiste:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Yeah, both are mistakes. Obama's 57 states gaffe is brought up each time someone brings up other gaffes because it is just too good to let go of.

I would posit Obama's funnier because it was done by Obama, whereas this mistake was not done by Romney.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
I've said this before, a President is recorded so often it would be almost impossible for a human not to misspeak once in a while. In fact, that is how we will know the antichrist is here, when a president does NOT make a gaffe once in awhile (and he starts talking about a one world government too).

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
OH MY GOD !!!!
You mean old Mitt might confuse the RED launch button with the room servic button ???
OH F...

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Yeah, both are mistakes. Obama's 57 states gaffe is brought up each time someone brings up other gaffes because it is just too good to let go of.

I would posit Obama's funnier because it was done by Obama, whereas this mistake was not done by Romney.
"I stand by what I said, whatever it was."

- W. Mitt Romney