A BETTER AMERCIA- I'm with Mitt!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I've said this before, a President is recorded so often it would be almost impossible for a human not to misspeak once in a while. In fact, that is how we will know the antichrist is here, when a president does NOT make a gaffe once in awhile (and he starts talking about a one world government too).

As long as we have national and regional competition, and groups who base their prosperity on exploiting others, and use force to continue to do so, we're going to have war.

This is the sort of thing that leaves the world vulnerable - we saw what it can cause in the world wars, between 'national interests'.

How are we going to stop war, while we continue to have some groups exploiting others - others who will rebel unless prevented from doing so by oppression?

Human history has slowly been moving one direction - consolidation of government. We're already moving between 'empires' - which the British had the last real global one, before the US now has a more limited economic empire - towards regional conflict; 'the Americans' and 'Europe' and Asia likely to consolidate under China and India (Africa fought over by the powerful regions) - until that gradually shifts into more and more global government structure, as we see developing with international law, international trade, etc.

And from that the basis of a 'world government' is possible, just as the US and China act more as allies dependant on each other than enemies, despite great differences.

If they DO agree on any international matters, they're likely to be bad - agreements that mutually benefit them at the expense of weaker nations, agreements where one turns a blind eye to terrible acts by the other in exchange for something of value - note our ever-declining support of Taiwan, do you think that will increase - or end, eventually, as China offers something of value for that?

This is an issue getting almost no public attention - how to deal with the coming moves towards 'one world government' to make them better for the people.

Save234

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
REAL MERICANS DONT SAY AMERICA - that's for pussies - REAL 'MERICANS CALL 'MERICA AS 'MERICA!!!!

\MERICA!!!!

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I am fully supportive of a Better Amercia, and encourage Mr. Romney to move there immediately to help improve it.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
LOL, you have got to be kidding me. Are you seriously saying that Romney should come out and apologize, publicly, for a typographical error?

Yes.

In a public speech? No. But if his team could spend the time and money making a mistake like that, they can also apologize for it.