A Banner page for 2003

deadly99

Nov 5, 2004
I have a small network setup with a pdc running windows 2003. In other work environments I have seen pc's show a splash screen upon startup, they have to acknowledge before the promt for username/password/domain choice. I know ( or think I know ) its in the domain policy snap in but for the life of me I cant seem to find out where. Anyone out there gimme a hand? Thanks in advance.

stash

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2000
If you create a GPO, the setting you need is under computer configuration, windows settings, security settings, local policies, security options.

Look for interactive logon: message text for users attempting to logon. Also there is message title for users attempting to logon.

deadly99

Nov 5, 2004
Thanks STaSH, tried there and didnt work, even made a custom GPO for it and still didnt work. I have a 2 servers, both dc's although one is used for file serving, both part of same domain, debating dcpromo for file server to become just a member server. Tried setting both servers with interactive logon with no success on workstations. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

stash

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2000
What OU did you link the GPO to? Did that OU contain the computer account that you want the banner to apply to?

After you created the GPO, did you run gpupdate /force on the machine?