___ebay item removed... help___

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I've never had any problems with any ebay auctions I've won. I did have a problem pop up yesterday.
I need some help as to how to proceed with this problem.

1. I bid on an XP OS 12/15
2. I win XP OS 12/15
3. I get confirmation that I won, I paid via PayPal
4. I get home from work and have email from ebay that...
"Unfortunately, we had to remove this Multiple Item Auction listing
and cancel all bids. We don't like to remove listings -- it's disappointing for everyone -- but sometimes we need to do it.

If the seller is able to fix the problem and relist the item, we hope you'll bid on it again.

Sometimes, instead of relisting an item, a seller will suggest that you buy it directly from him or her, off eBay. If that happens, please don't accept. If anything goes wrong with the purchase, we won't be able to help you
."

5. I contact the seller both direct email and through ebay, explaing communication from ebay, saying...
"I will now need you to refund my $94.99 back to my PayPal account"
6. This morning I get return email from seller...
"I receive your paiement and your item was ship testerday at 5 pm"
7. Seller says nothing at all about ebay removal or addressing my request for refund.

* The OS wasn't that great a deal.
* I want to comply with ebay rules.

What's the next step I should take?

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Hmm, I just had something similar happen -- bought something with BuyItNow, paid immediately with Paypal, received the item, then realized the item had gotten delisted for some reason after I tried to leave feedback and couldn't.

As long as you receive the CDs, I figure it's a problem for eBay and the seller to sort out.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
1. Tell him Ebay cancelled his sale and tell him you will ship it back and want a refund. (Good luck getting it)
2. You got what you paid for. (Hopefully)

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
When ebay says they had to "cancel all bids", it means nothing?
Seems odd that bids got canceled after I won.

So I'm guessing, take it on the chin, whine to ebay?
So if I don't get the item or it is damaged, etc, there's no recourse for action, since the item was officially "removed" by ebay?

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
He violated the software rules and ebay was late to catch it. You sound like you are getting your software so just sit and wait.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
I've had this happen to me and there was no problem.

Who knows what the actual problem was? It could have been something that had nothing to do with the product or seller and everything to do with the wording.

You bought it when it was an official auction and I assume Ebay will respond in your favor if there's a problem.

Don't sweat the little stuff. Nothing has gone wrong....yet. :laugh:

The OS wasn't that great a deal.

Buyers remorse is not part of the equation.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
If you get legit software, no harm no foul, it doesn't matter what ebay does. More likely, you'll get a bogus copy of the OS, in which case you should go through the complaint process with paypal to get your money back.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Old Hippie
Who knows what the actual problem was? It could have been something that had nothing to do with the product or seller and everything to do with the wording.

I give 5:1 odds that it was someone who was pissed that they didn't "win" the auction that reported it after the fact.

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Injury
Originally posted by: Old Hippie

I give 5:1 odds that it was someone who was pissed that they didn't "win" the auction that reported it after the fact.

Could be. Blain said it wasn't that good of a deal, but one man's trash is another man's treasure.

My odds are leaning toward the software rules that got it thrown out. MS tends to get touchy about those type of things. :D

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
had that happened before with my sister, but she was the seller. she was getting rid of some CPA books after her CPA exams. Apparently, it is not allowed to be resell on ebay. she listed it and sold it before they caught on. the deal was done, she has shipped the items to the buyer. no complain from the buyer, ebay refund all the fees to my sister.

Mizugori

May 3, 2007
dude honestly you are just trying to back out now because, by shit luck, you got a lucky break after buying something that wasn't as great a deal as you thought. that's not how it works. you paid, the transaction is done if he shipped.

if he never ships it, you can easily get your money back by reporting it to paypal.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Mizugori
dude honestly you are just trying to back out now because, by shit luck, you got a lucky break after buying something that wasn't as great a deal as you thought. that's not how it works. you paid, the transaction is done if he shipped.

if he never ships it, you can easily get your money back by reporting it to paypal.
Given the details of my situation, what exactly is my "lucky break"? :roll:

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I had this happen recently to me as well - won auction then seller was banned from ebay and all auctions removed. I filed a paypal claim, escalated it, and within 2 hours they resolved it in my favor refunding the money I paid.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Blain
Originally posted by: Mizugori

Given the details of my situation, what exactly is my "lucky break"? :roll:

It might be more accurate to say you THOUGHT you got a lucky break - but, since you paid and he shipped, you didn't.

Mizugori

May 3, 2007
Originally posted by: allisolm
It might be more accurate to say you THOUGHT you got a lucky break - but, since you paid and he shipped, you didn't.

there ya go exactly

Nov 5, 2001
I had an auction delisted after it closed for a SWA voucher. Still completed the sale and got the fees back, so all was good.

I wonder if people ever report their own auctions to avoid paying fees?