$99 Scuba Classes in NPR, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
ban time? new user and simply posts a single url to a site.. which im assuming he is involved with in some way or another.

Please correct me if im wrong, but this looks quite suspicious.

beergeek

Jul 17, 2002
Only real problems I see are that it is a _very_ specific deal (one store in a fairly small town that's a bit of a haul from Tampa or any other bigger population center) and that it was a _very_ bare description (I'm a 55 year old Florida native and I had no idea what NPR, FL was...)

Cheesetogo

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm not familar with NAUI, but I paid $450 for the basic PADI certification course.

ReefaMadness

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
Only real problems I see are that it is a _very_ specific deal (one store in a fairly small town that's a bit of a haul from Tampa or any other bigger population center) and that it was a _very_ bare description (I'm a 55 year old Florida native and I had no idea what NPR, FL was...)

NPR = New Port Richey

Doesn't everyone know that?

Just kidding...I don't even know if that's right or not.

geldor1

Mar 24, 2005
I know exactly where this place is located. I pass by there about 1 time a week. Never been there, tho.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Not such a great deal if you live in Florida, esp South Florida. It's not a bad deal though especially if it includes all the incidentals like books and the like.

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
Its actually a great deal most scuba places I know want $299.00 a class now.

You probably still need to buy your books and some basic scuba items. Most beginner classes require you have your own Mask, Snorkel, and Fins. They usually rent out the rest of the equipment.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I think you googled this and hit up Force-E's page. lolz.

Do you live in Florida or just make it a frequent ticker you follow on SCUBA lessons?

Mitch101

Feb 5, 2007
www.InteriorLiving.com
I think you googled this and hit up Force-E's page. lolz.

Do you live in Florida or just make it a frequent ticker you follow on SCUBA lessons?

He might but from personal experience when you get into scuba you get excited about it and go all gung ho into it. I had wireless air computer till I went nitrox and then I went from air aluminum tanks to steel tanks for nitrox. Not that you need to do that its just that Nitrox allows for more bottom time so on air I would run into decompression before I ran out but with Nitrox in aluminum tanks I ran out of nitrox before I needed to decompress so then I got Steel tanks to hold more air/nitrox. Its all about bottom time in scuba.

My partner and I had neverlost (like gps) so we could find each other and the down line. Jersey can have a lot of soot water and you can lose each other quick it worked.

Then I had a teacher that was getting me excited about technical diving - trimix and penetration to dive the andrea doria (240ft) carrying 6 steel tanks over loaded you take to the bottom in case the boat isnt there when you return. I met my wife around this time and my gears changed. He recovered something like 100 pieces of china from that wreck. Also pulled a dead diver off it too.

You can see how this gets carried away quickly.

BTW I was certified in Florida, Moved to NJ and did most diving there, and now Im in NC looking to get back into it.

ReefaMadness

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
The price really is good. I got open water certification a couple of years ago and it was way more than this. I only did it because my wife (RIP) was adventuresome and wanted to do it. We both did enjoy it, but like Mitch101 posted...you can get carried away (and not just by the currents) real fast when it comes to gear and new dive destinations.

That part about getting carried away with gear should strike a cord with just about everyone here, huh?

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
It's a good deal and he's legit.. Dennis is a very good instructor - very patient.. He calmed my girlfriend down quite a bit when she was nervous the first time in the cold Devil's Den water.

He doesn't give you the books or materials - you can buy them yourself. But for $99, you can't beat it. I re-certified through his class so I could take it with my girlfriend.

He pretty much offers a trip or two a week to places like Manatee Springs and Devil's Den..

Status
Not open for further replies.