9800GX2 from $529 @ Mwave

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

krnmastersgt

Platinum Member
Jan 10, 2008
Hard to say, if it works the same way regular SLI then it is possible for a secondary card to work however that usually comes along with a host of problems, lots of errors and even some BSoDs.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Running a second or third video card for secondary/multi display duties can work.
Sometimes.

If you guys had tried it before, you'd understand why i don't consider that a valid option.

I've sucessfully done that to display four displays with my old A8N32-SLI Deluxe.

I was absolutely not successful doing that with my P5B Deluxe, & i tried countless different cards & drivers.

My buddy tried the same thing with his current system without success.

Neither AMD/nV support running different cards in a system, so results will vary from functional to absolutely impossible nightmares.

Anyway, this is a bit off topic...

ManWithNoName

Oct 19, 2007
Originally posted by: Cookie Monster
Whats with the sudden price drop?

No real price drops that I've seen. Club3D and NCIXUS.com were charging the same since the first day they were in stock. Best deals are on the Palit, Gigabyte, and PNY cards as usual.