9700PRO + Hardware DVD acceleration = messed up display

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Hi,
Ive just downloaded the Catalyst 2.4 and the latest control panel from rage3d.com
They fix a problem in RalliSport Challenge(no scenery)
But when i have hardware accelleration enabled in PowerDVD, i get a garbled screan. But when its off, the DVD image is fine.
No biggy but, i would prefer it to work. Windows crashes as well after a min in powerdvd(w/ hardware acceleration), when reboots, and says the the cause of the crash is the 9700/9500 series drivers.

Would the Catalyst 2.5 Drivers Fix this? And where can i get the latest control panel as well?

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Hi,
I`ve downloaded the PowerDVD patch, and now this happens.
It now detects my SB Audigy as a multispeaker output device(although im using the SP/DIF) and allows me to enable Hardware DVD acceleration without corruption, but, under the information screen, it says that there is no video accelerator that it can detect!!!

Grimner

Nov 12, 1999
My problem was: PowerDVD 4.0 gave very aliased, stuttering pictures. This was after installing the latest drivers from Hercules.

Tried the 1811.patch. No avail.

Not being sure I had followed the driver install instructions to the letter, I got the Catalyst 3.0 from ATI, shrubbed out the old ones (both the driver and the control panel) and installed in Safe Mode.

And it was good. Nice, crispy bacon - ehr pictures. No aliasing, no stutter and all with hardware accelration (well, it sounds good).

I guess some old file was left due to a little haste on my part. Never discount user error :)

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
I downloaded the New Catalyst 3.0a drivers the other night, then realised that it needs DX9 as well to run.
So i`ll have to wait until a magazine has DX9 on it. I`d download it but at the moment i have a 56k connection, and it took me long enough to Download the 3.0a drivers and the new control panel.

BoomAM

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2001
Are you sure? I thought that, that was the point in the Catalyst 3.0a drivers, to support DX9.