'96 Mustang GT+ cracked intake manifold = $800.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
PM me your VIN number and I'll run it on Ford's Oasis system and see if you are covered.

Carbonyl: PM your VIN and I'll do the same.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Yeah like many people have said, Aftermarket manifold is the way to go.. when anything on my car ever breaks without warranty, if upgrades apply, i will get the part upgraded. I would do the same in this case too, because even an aftermarket setup can't be more than $400 for just the intake manifold.. go Edelbrock or something.. :)

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
While searching for the "aftermarket" manifold, I ran across this interesting topic. Here's a quote: "...the engineers do need to be made to work on the designs they stick us with! imagine what changes would be wrought!" Man, I hear that! :D

BTW, where could I find an aftermarket intake if I happen to need it?

GMachine

Banned
Apr 5, 2002
LS1 engines and their deriviatives have composite intake manifolds. They prevent heat pooling and there's no need to ice them down at the track. On another note, you can't port them out. Always a trade off.