9-year term to be sought for drunk driver who killed a 20 year old

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
As usual, fame and influence [$$s] can buy as much justice as you can afford. One of the RAMS that played in the Super Bowl killed an innocent driver while drunk just two years ago. All he got was probation and community service...

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Funny how if you get pulled over for drunk driving you get a ticket, yet if you kill someone while you're doing it you get 9 years. By that logic you should be able to walk into a McDonald's and start shooting up the place, and just get a ticket, as long as you don't kill anybody. :|

dc

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
What I want to know is how that woman was even able to make it into her car or even start it, with a BAC of 0.3%.

gar598

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2001
indeed, something has to be done about these MURDERS. I see no difference between drunk driving and shooting someone.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I work with a guy who has had seven or nine DUI's, I can't remember which, not that it really matters. One time he parked his car on the railroad tracks and got hit by a train. It took that many strikes to lose his liscense. Now he drives his four-wheeler drunk, on the road. It pisses me off. At least he never killed anybody.

Feb 24, 2001

<< indeed, something has to be done about these MURDERS. I see no difference between drunk driving and shooting someone. >>

argeed. should be capital murder, i see no problem with frying someone that kills another while driving drunk.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
OT:

Explain this to me.

You are a hired murderer. You attempt to kill somebody and fail, but get caught. You get, let's say, 5 years in prison.

You are a hired murderer. You kill your target, get caught and get the death penalty.

The intent in both cases was the same. I believe the intended murderer who bungled the job should get the same punishment as the murderer who was successful. You are dealing with the same person with the only difference being that one was a bungling fool. If he hadn't bungled the job someone would be dead and he would rightfully (in some states in the U.S.) get the death penalty.

Shaftatplanetquake

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
<<In November, Acey drank three glasses of wine and took antidepressants and muscle-relaxant pills before getting into her sport-utility vehicle to buy Thanksgiving cards. >>

PFFFT..

I hate idiots who drive SUVs.