9/7/2003 Bush speech discussion thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
He's really gotta stop whistling his "S"s - sounds like he's got a whistle stuck in his throat. :p

1.) Terrarisshhhts Bad.
2.) Saddam Bad.
3.) Progress being made.
4.) Need more CASH.
5.) We love the UN now.
6.) We love the Poles too.
7.) We're gonna get them bastards :p

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Bigdude
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Are we now supposed to trust a guy who lied to us in the State of the Union?

There was no lie! Clinton was the liar, traitor, rapist, criminal!

It took you a whole 7 minutes to bring up Clinton. The RNC won't be happy with that response time.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
He's really gotta stop whistling his "S"s - sounds like he's got a whistle stuck in his throat. :p

1.) Terrarisshhhts Bad.
2.) Saddam Bad.
3.) Progress being made.
4.) Need more CASH.
5.) We love the UN now.
6.) We love the Poles too.
7.) We're gonna get them bastards :p

It's the Pretzel!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Bigdude
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Are we now supposed to trust a guy who lied to us in the State of the Union?

I know you are a ringer, and one day I am going to figure it out :D

Anyplace going to be streaming this?

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001

yes, lets continue to look at the past instead of the hideous state of the country today.

(although, i dont agree with those labels)

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Listening to this guy give his Presidential Address right now. Sounds and looks like a PR excercise delivered by a halfwit...

N

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Wow, I'm watching it right now and I've never such an unapologetic appeal to the emotions in my life. What a crock of sh1t. I can't imagine anyone but the most die-hard neo-cons to not be embarrassed for him making such an idiot of himself on live TV.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Oh yeah, I almost missed:

8.) It's still SCARY out there people! Danger everywhere. Terrarrrrrrischt massshtermindsssss lurk in every shadow. Vote republican! God bless.

:p

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
ROFLMAO

I thought the speech was rather good, at least he offered a plan and all, but the look on his face at the end was hilarious. ;)

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Got it. 87 megs, quite a bit smaller then the last one I captured. :)

torrent will be available ASAP, "regular" download tomorrow.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
LOL, I could just imagine him putting his pinky finger to his mouth when he said 87 billion dollars :D

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I'm a little confused. Wasn't he supposed to offer some info on some WMD?

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Gaard: The war in Iraq was not about WMD!!! It was about freeing the Iraqi people from that evil dictator. Mission accomplished IMHO...

N

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Napalm
Gaard: The war in Iraq was not about WMD!!! It was about freeing the Iraqi people from that evil dictator. Mission accomplished IMHO...

N

Then why did he go on the whole trip about WMD to the UN, get Powell to jabber about WMD to the UN, tell us that there were WMD, then downplay the importance of WMD, then finally just not say anything else about WMD after the past few months?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Hey guys-

I just watched it. Actually I was at my next door friend's house since I don't have cable or even an anteena.

But I told my friend to listen rather than watch the picture because I remembe reading an article here how if you watch TV your thorught process is dictateted by the right side of the brain.

I told my friend and his dad to try it- and my friend whose views are near exact his dad said okay but his dad was all , "No way - it appears on TV and there is a picture so I'm going to watch it"

After listenting I asked the dad how he thought it was and he said "yeah it was good" and I asked my friend and he said "He used a lot of nice expressions but didn't address anything...beyond that he was 87 billion"

I noticed it too...uh yeah he uses a lot of nice phrases and stuff but the thing had no substance - almost like a High School student B.S.ing a topic for an essay.

Over all he didn't say anything new or really relevant and I'm kinda dissapointed...

And I love the repeated use of Iraq and 9/11 as if Saddam was part of the WTC attacks

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
NFS4:

I don't remember any of the things you describe. Are you some kind of communist??

N

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
NFS4:

I don't remember any of the things you describe. Are you some kind of communist??

N

Don't tell me you didn't see Powell's presentation to the UN about WMD complete with diagrams, pictures, and slides???

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
NFS4:

N

Don't tell me you didn't see Powell's presentation to the UN about WMD complete with diagrams, pictures, and slides???

Psst..
Replace sarcasm meter batteries

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
NFS4:

Stop rehashing the past - we have to look forward to the future. Iraq is free and it should only cost another couple of hundred U.S. lives and about $100,000,000,000 of U.S. taxpayer money to fix what was busted up in Operation Iraqi Freedom. No big whup...

N

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

N

I didn't even mention Iraq dude. It was reported that Bush was going to give a mid-september speech announcing that WMDs have been located (or something like that). Maybe he's going to give another speech?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
btw what is the resolution? 640*480? Video Encoder, Bitrate?

I'm suprised its 87 megabytes especially considering the fact that there was very little movement...not that many keyframes in something like that

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Damn, where are all the YABAs? Hmmmmm. Maybe they're too busy hanging extra flags on the front porch? Sticking more American flag stickers on the Dodge RAM 3500? :p

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Damn, where are all the YABAs? Hmmmmm. Maybe they're too busy hanging extra flags on the front porch? Sticking more America flag stickers on the Dodge RAM 3500?

Since there are not any here, I will continue to try to do my best in their absense: All you liberal, pot-smoking hippies should get the hell out of the U.S. if you don't like Bush! He kicks a$$, and Clinton was pervert!

N

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Interesting that he mentioned "some people disagreeing with our decision to enforce the UN resolution on Iraq". That resolution was about WMD, and Bush has been trying to downplay the WMD angle since he sees it's not going to work out for him.