9/7/2003 Bush speech discussion thread

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Maybe we should have predictions on the topics and how they are going to be spun :D

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
If he says the words, "They hate freedom" one more time, I swear I'll blast some new holes in the TV. ;)

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
If he says the words, "They hate freedom" one more time, I swear I'll blast some new holes in the TV. ;)

relax, elvis.

(great sig, by the way)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Good - then you can help the economy out by going out and buying a new AMERICAN made TV ;)

:D

CkG

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Good - then you can help the economy out by going out and buying a new AMERICAN made TV ;)

CkG

Like? :p

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

CkG

where did you find that?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Insane3D

CkG

Like? :p

Like all the gas used, phone call charges made, airline tickets, rental cars, Hotel/Motel rooms, meals, and hookers he'll inevitably spend on in the Search. :D

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
id love to just buy new stuff to "help the economy".
sadly, i dont have the money to buy new stuff, so...maybe all y'all that can afford to can go out and buy some new stuff for me so it can help the economy and i can go be a better american and buy more stuff...
please?

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Quick question:

Is 500kbps DivX w/ minimum-quality VBR LAME MP3 good enough for everyone? I want to minimize the pain my cable modem is going to feel distributing this, but don't want to use settings that are TOO low... :)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Should be fine... My guess is the major news sites will have it in video clip form at some point...

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
predictions:

-Everything's a-okey. Iraq is secure, economy is roaring, jobs are plentiful. Don't listen to the leftist media trying to tell you otherwise.
-Saddam had weapons, or weapons programs or intentions of making weapons. In any case, don't listen to revisionist historians telling you this war was about WMD.
-God bless america!

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
By the way, I still have a copy of his "the war's over" speech somewhere on my fileserver, complete and unabridged. Might be interesting to compare his statements then and now... :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Electrode
By the way, I still have a copy of his "the war's over" speech somewhere on my fileserver, complete and unabridged. Might be interesting to compare his statements then and now... :)

Huh? I don't believe Bush ever made such a speach. I do remember a certain "my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended." is over speech though ;)

CkG

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Terrrar

It's TERROR! :D

i like the terrar
it sounds like a little dog fighting a toy from its masters hand. terrar...terrar...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Are we now supposed to trust a guy who lied to us in the State of the Union?

Heh, just wait for the Clinton bashers to get in here. For everything that Bush has done wrong, it's either Clinton's fault or Clinton had done worse according to them...;)

Bigdude

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Are we now supposed to trust a guy who lied to us in the State of the Union?

There was no lie! Clinton was the liar, traitor, rapist, criminal!