9/27/11 Steam Midweek Madness: Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale 50% off

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
I heard good things from a friend about this game. Anyone have it care to comment?

Iron Wolf

Jul 27, 2010
For the love of God, don't buy this game. Even at 50% off, it sucks more whatever than you can possibly imagine. I'm glad I only wasted $15 on this trash.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
This is the game I use to make a point about the problem between magazine/web site 'preview' (marketing) and 'review'.

The box in the store says as a gamepro.com quote: "the way Dungeons & Dragons was always meant to be played."

Wow, great quote!

It comes from the *preview* on the site:

"My take: This is the exact game I want on Xbox Live. It uses gameplay I'm familiar with in a setting that's older than my parents and invites me to have other people play with me. I could easily see knocking this one out with a couple of a friends on a late Saturday or a lazy Sunday -- the way Dungeons & Dragons was always meant to be played."

Now, let's look at the same site's 1.5 of 5 star *review*:

"It's games like Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale that give Gary Gygax's basement disciples a bad reputation -- not the source material...

At the risk of repeating myself, the game is just broken."

So we go from 'the way D&D was meant to be played' to 'games like this give D&D a bad reputation'.

I wrote to the site with this info, they didn't respond.

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
This is the game I use to make a point about the problem between magazine/web site 'preview' (marketing) and 'review'.

The box in the store says as a gamepro.com quote: "the way Dungeons & Dragons was always meant to be played."

Wow, great quote!

It comes from the *preview* on the site:

"My take: This is the exact game I want on Xbox Live. It uses gameplay I'm familiar with in a setting that's older than my parents and invites me to have other people play with me. I could easily see knocking this one out with a couple of a friends on a late Saturday or a lazy Sunday -- the way Dungeons & Dragons was always meant to be played."

Now, let's look at the same site's 1.5 of 5 star *review*:

"It's games like Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale that give Gary Gygax's basement disciples a bad reputation -- not the source material...

At the risk of repeating myself, the game is just broken."

So we go from 'the way D&D was meant to be played' to 'games like this give D&D a bad reputation'.

I wrote to the site with this info, they didn't respond.

Sadly 99.99999999999999% of those comments you see on boxes are taken out of context just as you described.

It's a shame they fucked this game up so bad, cause it could of been good and very fun.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
wow looks like i'll wait for the %90 off sale lol. thanks for the heads up guys I was actually going to buy this.