Resident Evil 5 $9.99 50% off
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $24.99 50% off
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City DLC $0.99-$4.99 each 50% off

Wargame European Escalation $13.60 66% off

Last edited:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Only 50% off on a game that's still $50 - and a mediocre game at that. :p I'll wait until Operation Raccoon City gets a bit cheaper.

Resident Evil 5, however, is a great romp for $10. I know the RE series obviously isn't survival horror anymore, but on their own merits, the newer games are still very good. IMO, RE4 and RE5 both do the "action horror" genre far better than any other game (i.e. Dead Space).

For example, RE5 somehow manages to create a very particular sense of tension and panic that I've never seen any other game do before. I think part of it is the enemy design. The enemies aren't slow-moving, traditional "BRAIINSS" zombies; but they're also not hyper, energetic sprinting zombies like in L4D or 28 Days Later. Rather, they're intelligent, deliberate, infected people that "pace" toward you. I don't know how else to describe it. They slowly, methodically just... approach you. There's something about being in a tight, crowded space while knowing there are enemies slowly approaching you from around the corner with a wrench, ready to bash you in the head.

Last edited: