9/20/12 Steam Weekend Deal:Saints Row 3 Free Weekend 66% off, Tripwire Bundle 66% off

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Saints Row The Third Free Weekend
Saints Row The Third $13.59 66% off
Saints Row The Third DLC $0.67-$6.79 66% off each

Tripwire Interactive Bundle $20.39 66% off includes below
Dwarfs!? $9.99
The Ball $9.99
Red Orchestra $9.99
Red Orchestra 2 $6.79 66% off
Killing Floor $6.79 66% off
Killing Floor DLC $1.99-$4.99 each

Last edited:

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I love the game too. It is really great, doesn't take itself seriously and knows it is a game and is there to provide entertainment.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Saints Row 3 is a really fun game, and because it's free for a couple days, you have no excuse not to play it.

Edit: Good god, Valve are marketing geniuses. I wonder how many new Steam users they bring in on average whenever there's a free weekend for a high-end AAA game.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It's like Just Cause 2, right? How would you compare the two?

Saints Row 3 doesn't quite have the size and scale of Just Cause 2. Whereas JC2's environment covered an entire country with multiple biomes, SR3 is merely an urban, open-world city game (a la GTA4).

That said, SR3 does one-up JC2 in terms of sheer silliness and ridiculousness. Some would argue that it actually tries a bit too hard. You can perform wrestling moves on random people, send in remote-controlled airstrikes, fly VTOL jets, shoot yourself out of a cannon, fight people with a giant pink dildo, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

The humor in SR3 is very prominent and "in-your-face". Unlike JC2, there's actually a fairly well-written storyline here, with interesting characters and really engaging missions. The missions are actually a blast.

It throws all seriousness out the window and focuses purely on being fun. It's a game that revels in being a game. I'm a fan or Saints Row 3, or as I call it, "What GTA4 Should Have Been."