8th Place: A High School Girl’s Life After Transgender Students Joined Her Sport

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I'm all for trans rights, but I don't think it excuses them from fair competition. If you went through puberty as a male, you have an unfair physical advantage over female opponents.

Either take that into account and act fairly, accordingly, or watch sports dwindle away as everyone starts to not give a shit about them, particulary the disenfranchised players.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
They need their own league. Sorry. It's too complex right now, so let them battle it out in their own league on their own terms.

Reactions: kage69

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
They need their own league. Sorry. It's too complex right now, so let them battle it out in their own league on their own terms.
Doesn't work because there aren't enough of them in most places (any places? not sure).

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Doesn't work because there aren't enough of them in most places (any places? not sure).

Might need to be done at state level to meet a critical mass of competitors. I’m guessing this news story is more about the opportunity for college scholarships (in any sport) instead of a love of track. If the NCAA (1) offered a new program for trans folk to go with the existing male/female divisions and (2) gave scholarships to trans folks only in that division instead of women’s sports then the problem would solve itself. I’m sure the trans division would get enough support from the LGBTQ community to be self-sufficient and enjoy a non-zero interest from the cis-gender audience.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
It's just retards that live in their bubble. "This doesn't affect me because I don't have kids and work in a cubicle all day instead of competitive sports"

I don't know what the answer for scenarios like this should be, but we will never come up with good solutions if we collectively bury our heads in the sand. It is one of those classic "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time" situations. We will never come to any sort of acceptable answer if we cannot recognize and respect everyone though.