8800 card length

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
Hi All,

New guy here, been lurking about for awhile. I want to upgrade to an 8800gtx but I'm concerned that it won't fit in my case (Antec Sonata). I've read it's over 11 inches long but can someone post dimensions when they get theirs (can't seem to find this info). I need to know the length of the PCB *and* the overall length with the mounting bracket. I'm hoping the 11 inches applies to the overall length, otherwise it looks like I might be screwed.

Thanks,

NP

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
Thanks mate. It *looks* like it will just make it. Now the question is, which one? Anyone have a preference to brand or are they pretty much all going to be the same? I'm running an MSI card right now. Been happy with it but am not necessarily brand loyal.

NP

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I'm partial to eVGA myself but BFG, XFX, and ASUS are good too. Assuming you are buying a regular card, and not caring if it has extra software (games) bundled with it or wanting an already factory overclocked card, just go with one of those four brands whichever you can find the cheapest.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Apparently, all of the cards out now were made by the same manufacturer. The only difference is the sticker on the cooler, accessories/bundle, and the company standing behind the warrantee and service. Based on this, I was more than happy to buy another EVGA...