800 votes separate Bush and Gore in Fla!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore Gore

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
I AGREE!!! GOREGOREGOREGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREGOREGGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREOREGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREGOREGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREGGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREOREGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREGGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREOREGORGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREEGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGORGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREEREGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREGOGGOGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOREGOGGOREOREREGOREGGOGOREREOREGORE

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush

(I would like to thank NFS4 for making the dimensions 12x12...it's easier for me to
count at 1 AM)

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
I just looked at the Palm Beach recount and Gore went up 751 votes while Gore went up 108. WTF, how can the count be so far off? If the numbers are like this in other states like Wisconsin then there should be a recount there. Who knows, maybe Bush doesn't need Florida if he can get a couple of other states for Gore. I am so disgusted by all of this. By my last quick count, Bush is ahead by 941.

Edit: Bush was up by 1784 before the recount.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
That link just showed a net gain for Gore of 843 votes.

Edit..................................

The news (CNN) just said the recount is suspended for the rest of the night and will resume in the morning. Very interesting turn of events. The trend is sure looking favorable for Gore,but just one recount can foul it.

We'll know tomorrow.

jimmygates

Platinum Member
Sep 4, 2000
GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE

HE IS THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS...

MUAHAHAHA

-Jimbo

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
Humm, they suspended it for tonight. Looks like I'm going to have to go and change a couple of votes around. ;)

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
The interesting part of the Fox News site is that it shows all the very populated counties are done. They voted very heavily for Gore to begin with.

It look slike the count will get close enough that the overseas ballets will make a difference ...

Michael

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
I truly believe that all the Bushes,specifically Gov Jeb has in some ways tried to fix this election w/o being too obvious. Being non-obvious did not seem to work for him and I think it will all come out in the wash.

SJ

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
We have to remember though, certain areas are democrats, others are republican. Also remember is was projected to be a win for Bush by 243 votes, that will probably happen.

Edit: I HIGHLY suggest people wait for a full recount. 2,909, whatever is not a accurate number Its a "projected" number. Lets just wait and see shall we?

IsOs

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hopefully when we wake up tomorrow this will be over and a winner will be declared.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
The biggest Irony of this election in my mind is that both Nader and Buchanan helped defeat Gore.
Who would have thought that Pat Buchanan would be decisive in helping to elect GWB?

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< The news (CNN) just said the recount is suspended for the rest of the night and will resume in the morning. >>

Where's the night shift?? They should have gotten some more people in to count during the night so we could find out the results @ 9:00 A.M. on Thursday morning. Oh yeah, it's Florida where a majority of the population goes to bed @ 8:00 P.M.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH
BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I am a 4th generation Floridian. My children are 5th generation. No one understands Florida and her needs as well as me.

I speak for the trees.... and the flamingos... and even the alligators. I speak for the children who need clean air to breathe and fresh water to drink.

If Bush gets elected, everyone can feel all smug and self-righteous, but my state will be going to Hell... we have been fighting to protect our land from being raped, but we won't be able to stand firm much longer if we lose leadership that actually cares about the environment. Every year some damn company wants to rape our land, and every year we fight and put off the pillaging a little bit longer. If Bush wins, everybody gets a piece! For the right price, of course. Hey, there might be oil in dem there Everglades!Welcome to the land of More For Me!

I think I am going to go puke now.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Isla - I wish more people had your views. I hate seeing our home destroyed :( I was also born in Florida, but moved at a young age. I love that place, and hate to see if suffer. :(

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Isla:

No one understands Florida and her needs as well as me.

I really doubt that. Interesting opinion. Very arrogant. Why bother voting for anyone, let's just name you dictator for life.

I speak for the trees.... and the flamingos... and even the alligators.

I guess they came and talked to you about what they want. I guess that shows that you're not mentally competant enough to vote.

I speak for the children who need clean air to breathe and fresh water to drink.

Wow, let's seize the moral high ground. Of course, anyone that agrees with you is on the side of healthy children and everyone else wants to poison and kill children.

Michael

ps - you're welcome to your views. I think they're crazy, but that's just one opinion.

pps - only one vote from my household <my wife> and she vote Gore and Democrat all the way.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
It's obvious now that many conservatives on this board are trying to impose the will of the minority on the majority (both Electoral college and popular vote) through legal technicalities, having no regard for the true intent and purpose of an election.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Hey Michael,

Thanks for the personal attacks. Hope you enjoyed ripping me to shreds.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
veryape, you got it backwards:

Jeb Bush announced at a press conference today that he is recusing himself from the state's three-person board that certifies elections.

Interestingly, Florida Attorney General Bob Butterworth, a Democrat, is not recusing himself from the voting recount process - even though he is Al Gore's state campaign chairman.