80 year career Politicians duke it out over Iraq

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
12-20-2003 Iraq War Ignites Strife Between Senators

Stevens did not block the Appalachian Regional Commission, which Byrd helped create, from funneling aid to West Virginia, and Byrd reciprocated when Stevens produced the Denali Commission to provide similar economic assistance for Alaska.

It's also one of Congress' most rewarding committees for lawmakers, who use it to win roads, dams and other projects for the folks back home. Almost in a class by themselves, Byrd and Stevens have used their perches over the years to steer vast federal sums to their economically fragile states.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The States are that Fragile then why keep the same idiots in Congress for nearly a Century? :confused:

There should be Term limits to stop this kind of Kingdom rule like we still have Kings. :|

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Agreed. I'm of the opinion that there should be 4 term limits on Senators (24 years) and 10 term limits on Representatives (20 years). That might seem like a long time, but its a pragmatic and acceptable solution IMO.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Agreed. I'm of the opinion that there should be 4 term limits on Senators (24 years) and 10 term limits on Representatives (20 years). That might seem like a long time, but its a pragmatic and acceptable solution IMO.

I'd likely support something like that.:) 3 terms as Governor too;)

CkG

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002

Cut your proposed limits by half each and I would agree. The career politician is one of the key instruments causing the mess in washington IMHO.

I think the Founding Fathers would be displeased with that crap. The ideal of serving then going back home being grateful you had the chance to do it is long gone unfortunately.

I support an armed insurrection to go to Washington and toss everyone out who has been in office for more than 10 years. Then I will go back home and be glad I could serve.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: 308nato

Cut your proposed limits by half each and I would agree. The career politician is one of the key instruments causing the mess in washington IMHO.

I think the Founding Fathers would be displeased with that crap. The ideal of serving then going back home being grateful you had the chance to do it is long gone unfortunately.

I support an armed insurrection to go to Washington and toss everyone out who has been in office for more than 10 years. Then I will go back home and be glad I could serve.

The biggest thing that needs to be reformed is the retirement funding for all these "civil servants". Putting more people into that group via term limits would be a recipe for disaster...oh wait...we're talking about career politicians here:p

CkG

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUYThe biggest thing that needs to be reformed is the retirement funding for all these "civil servants". Putting more people into that group via term limits would be a recipe for disaster...oh wait...we're talking about career politicians here:p

CkG

I also support means testing for whether a "public servant" needs a retirement package (or even a salary for that matter).

The list of millionaires working for me is quite impressive.