Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $6.24 75% off
Skyrim Legendary $35.99 40% off
Skyrim $14.99 50% off
Skyrim DLC $2.49-$9.99 50% off

Last edited:

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Why is Quake 4 still $5, and not included in the Quake pack?

Fucking bullshit.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Aha, finally picking up all the classic id Software games:

Commander Keen
Wolf Pack
Doom 3 BFG (includes Doom 1 and 2)
Heretic + Hexen
Quake Collection

Total $19.95

Will probably grab some Sleeping Dogs DLC as well - dammit I thought I was done after the Steam sale was over. :p

toughtrasher

Mar 17, 2013
mysteryblock.com
Already have the Quake bundle, just not interested in the rest of the games that are on sale. Plus, it seems I've seen this QuakeCon sale a million times.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Hum. What is DOOM 3 BFG again ? I played doom 3 when it first came out - it was (for me) kind of boring and only so so - is BFG just the same thing again ? Quake 4 was actually the best of the lot (of those games - but again I find it so vanillia compare to half life mechanics (i.,e i spent 5 minutes trying to find instructions to jump on a box only to learn the game mechanics were the same as quake 1 - just run and shoot :)

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
i remember playing Heretic 2 when i was young...it was a 3rd person shooter... yesterday when i saw this sale i noticed that its not even on steam...

but i think it was not done by ID

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Hum. What is DOOM 3 BFG again ? I played doom 3 when it first came out - it was (for me) kind of boring and only so so - is BFG just the same thing again ? Quake 4 was actually the best of the lot (of those games - but again I find it so vanillia compare to half life mechanics (i.,e i spent 5 minutes trying to find instructions to jump on a box only to learn the game mechanics were the same as quake 1 - just run and shoot :)

It's just Doom 3 with a few tweaks and a few extra levels. If you already played Doom 3 and didn't like it, there's no reason to get the BFG version unless you are really just getting it from Doom 1 and 2.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
i remember playing Heretic 2 when i was young...it was a 3rd person shooter... yesterday when i saw this sale i noticed that its not even on steam...

but i think it was not done by ID

Yes, the Heretic/Hexen series was developed by Raven. Heretic II is actually the 4th game in the series, after Heretic, Hexen and Hexen II. Heretic II is the only one of these that wasn't published by id Software, that probably has something to do with it not being on Steam.

Oct 9, 1999
Includes 45 items: Quake III Arena, Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Ultimate Doom, Final DOOM, DOOM II, QUAKE, QUAKE II, QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning, QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero, QUAKE III: Team Arena, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, DOOM 3, HeXen II, DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, Master Levels for Doom II, Quake IV, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition, Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth, Rogue Warrior, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Fallout: New Vegas, RAGE, Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money, Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts, Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues , The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas®: Lonesome Road™, Fallout New Vegas®: Gun Runners’ Arsenal™, Dishonored, Doom 3: BFG Edition, Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials, Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall, Rage: The Scorchers™, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire, Dishonored - Void Walker Arsenal, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
WEEKEND DEAL! Offer ends August 5th

holy shit.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Upcoming Deals

Friday 8/2: Fallout Day

Fallout 3 GOTY $4.99 75% off
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate $4.99 75% off

Saturday 8/3: Elder Scrolls Day

Morrowind GOTY $4.99 75% off
Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $6.25 75% off
Skyrim Legendary $35.99 40% off

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Rage - Yes or No?

Bandlands like, I enjoyed it a bit up till the FORCED race parts, you cant advance unless you do some races and I didnt care for the race parts. All the texture problems and complaints where non issues to me.. but if you worry about walking up to a pile of garbage and the texture on a beer can staying the zoomed out one and not switching to the close up one.. you may have issues.

gameplay (foot and gun) nothing new, pretty OK, race stuff.. did not like. At that price I would buy it if i didn't have it.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I played doom 1 and doom 2 when they first came out - they were fun back then but today well the graphics are a bit poor. How much extra content is in BFG ? Like 10 hours worth of extra (new) levels or closer to 10 minutes ??

It's just Doom 3 with a few tweaks and a few extra levels. If you already played Doom 3 and didn't like it, there's no reason to get the BFG version unless you are really just getting it from Doom 1 and 2.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
commanderkeen.JPG

^ this seems like a good deal :p

(just a bug with the price i think lol)

Last edited:

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Why is Quake 4 still $5, and not included in the Quake pack?

Fucking bullshit.

I don't believe Q4 was developed by ID software (and wasn't published by Beth, either) - i'd assume that's the reason.

Speaking of which, why can't ID go back to their roots of pushing graphics to the max along with making all of their games multiplayer? ID basically *started* the multi player FPS with DOOM (first game with LAN/modem multiplayer) and then quake (first game with internet play) and now they're not even developing MP games. Good grief. I miss the old ID software.

It's disappointing that the very company that kickstarted the multiplayer FPS, has since abandoned it. Someone tell the crew at ID software that nobody cares about their single player shenanigans. At least...I hope not....did anyone truly enjoy single player rage?

Last edited:

toughtrasher

Mar 17, 2013
mysteryblock.com
I don't believe Q4 was developed by ID software (and wasn't published by Beth, either) - i'd assume that's the reason.

Speaking of which, why can't ID go back to their roots of pushing graphics to the max along with making all of their games multiplayer? ID basically *started* the multi player FPS with DOOM (first game with LAN/modem multiplayer) and then quake (first game with internet play) and now they're not even developing MP games. Good grief. I miss the old ID software.

It's disappointing that the very company that kickstarted the multiplayer FPS, has since abandoned it. Someone tell the crew at ID software that nobody cares about their single player shenanigans. At least...I hope not....did anyone truly enjoy single player rage?

By golly, that was an amazing post! xD

And as for your question, no rage sucked. Also wish they went back to multiplayer.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
Fallout day fail.. It cant be Fallout day if 1&2 are still full price !