*** 7VRXP - Restarting and memory problems. HELP!!

CoasterGuy

Jan 7, 2001
Hey guys and gals...

1st things first... here is my setup:
GA-7VRXP
Athlon XP 1900+
F4 BIOS
Kingmax PC2700 DDR (5ns, CL 2.5)
Maxtor 60gb ATA/133
Maxtor 40gb ATA/100
Toshiba 16x DVD
Plextor 16/10/40A
SB Audigy w/ FireWire
DLink 530TX+ NIC
3COM Hardware Modem

1st problem....

I got my new 7VRXP and for some unknown reason it likes to restart after I shut it off. I have shut it down with the 'Start' menu and with the case power button and approximately 1 out of every 4 times it will restart itself after about 5 seconds. I cant figure this one out. But it DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

2nd problem...

I have 2 sticks of Kingmax PC2700 DDR (5ns, CL 2.5) and I CANNOT get the board to run at 333Mhz FSB. I have the BIOS set at FSB 333 and have messed around with several RAM timing settings to no avail. It will run at CAS 2.5 and 1T commandbut it ALWAYS runs at 266. I have ran MemTest-86 on it a few times and there is never an error. There is no DDR voltage adjustment AT ALL on this board.

I am currently running their latest BIOS - F4. The machine runs just fine otherwise. Seems the same as my ABIT KR7A and Gigabyte GA-7DXR boards.

Any suggestions?

jpetermann

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2001
Have you tried it running just one stick of ram? Maybe you got a bad stick. I can run my crucial 2100 ddr at the 333 setting just fine. The restarting is really wierd though. Have not heard of that one yet.

zsouthboy

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2001
1) Wake on lan enabled? That would be the first thing I would check....

2) Wierd, I don't know.

zs

rute

Mar 15, 2002
I haven't received my 7vrxp yet. It should be here next week. Anyway, I remember reading in the user manual at the web site about the wake on options and I think it can be set to wake on just about anything from the networkt o the mouse to the keyboard to any usb device. Anyway, check the wake on settings in the bios.

I just checked the user manual again. Check the power management settings in the bios.

Steve

CoasterGuy

Jan 7, 2001
All of the 'Wake-On' settings have been disabled. It still re-starts at will.

Talk about Ghost in the Machine!

lamroNeByhW

Feb 19, 2001
Do you have another NIC. I seem to remember reading in other forums that the DLink may be the cause of some restarting problems for some people. Try using another if you have one and see what happens. Just a suggestion.

FatDragonn

Nov 17, 2000
wow, i thought my box was the only one that restarts even if i tell it to shut down. i think it's the damn gigabyte system board. i have a GA-7ZX from about over a yr ago. it worked fine for a few months, then it refused to shut down. configuration wise, nothing was changed before it started going crazy.

i haven't bother trying to figure it out. i just cut off the main power on the case.