7mm Beveled Tungsten Band

tomatom

Jul 27, 2002

this seem to be a whole new market = stylish , industrial

jewelery for men . Stainless Steel , Titanium , & Tungstun

Carbide : polished brite , brushed , groved , inlayed with

gold , deep polished Black finish , AND IMPORTED ON THE

CHEAP FROM CHINA . Industructable & UnScratchable .

< eBay has lots of sellers , don't overpay for shipping >

jjmIII

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
Ya, my wedding ring is Tungstun Carbide.....very hard to cut off if an accident happens. The wifey pd 400 though......

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: jjmIII
Ya, my wedding ring is Tungstun Carbide.....very hard to cut off if an accident happens. The wifey pd 400 though......

I don't think they cut it, I think they have to squeeze and shatter it.

Either way, if I broke the finger this was on, I'd be thinking I'd have a 50% shot at keeping it...

bigfil

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2004
well if its unscratchable that has to be better than a platinum wedding band

this thing scratches so easy its stupid

not only that platinum is ridiculously expensive

this seems like a good deal to me thx op

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
My wedding band is tungsten carbide and I love it! I've been renovating my house and I've only put a tiny spot on it when my hand was pushed into a grinder that I was using to polish a peice of granite. The spot is only like 1mmx2mm, so it's not even noticeable...

Anyway, I got mine cheap on ebay, as I put the money I was going to spend on a more expensive one into my wife's gold band. :)

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Jugernot
My wedding band is tungsten carbide and I love it! I've been renovating my house and I've only put a tiny spot on it when my hand was pushed into a grinder that I was using to polish a peice of granite. The spot is only like 1mmx2mm, so it's not even noticeable...

Anyway, I got mine cheap on ebay, as I put the money I was going to spend on a more expensive one into my wife's gold band. :)

ouch! personally I'd prefer made out of something melleable. if bent just melt it down and recast.

Onund

Jul 19, 2007
I got me a titanium wedding ring. It seemed cooler and more manly then gold. When I think of tungsten carbide first thing that comes to mind is 'light bulb' so I skipped that.

And if I ever need to fry and egg it won't stick to my ring.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Jugernot

it actually scuffed the ring? thats crazy. Mine's been through all kinds of stuff and it doesn't have a scratch

devilchrist

Feb 11, 2008
i just picked one up.. my finger was itching for a ring. I had to take my old one off because my finger got too fat

chinkgai

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Section8
I threw mine into a fire one time and these firey letters appeared around it. I couldn't read what it said though.

It's a secret language short stubby people like yourself cannot read. Did you ask the tall old dude you were with?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Isn't tungsten-carbide extremely brittle? I would think a hard knock could crack it.

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Section8
I threw mine into a fire one time and these firey letters appeared around it. I couldn't read what it said though.
Was it your birthday present?

NiNe

Jun 11, 2000
TC is brittle, but only compared to other tool metals. Well, I guess it's technically a ceramic. Still, it should survive anything that won't shatter the bones in your hand. :)

It's basically going to be the same as the TC in the end of your ballpoint pen. I've stabbed ballpoints into quite a few objects over the years and never seen the ball shatter. TC shouldn't shatter from just about any normal use. You could probably safely shatter it off someone's finger with careful application of handheld vise grips by gradually increasing the tension with the end dial.

I hear that TC jewelry should be "cobalt free" as the cobalt binder reacts with skin oil, creating a dark, permanent discoloration on the metal. They're supposed to use nickel instead.

As safe as it probably is, I'm still paranoid about getting it caught in something. I get nervous just wearing my regular cheapie white gold band from Service Merchandise (are they still in business?). You know, just in case I cross paths with Lord Foul or Thomas Covenant needs a stand-in lech.