78 percent of U.S. Hispanics favor Obama over McCain

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200...olitics_poll_hispanics

The Univision/Reuters/Zogby poll released on Tuesday said that 78 percent of a sample of 1,016 Latino likely voters favored Sen. Obama, with 13 percent supporting McCain, an Arizona senator

With hispanics the fastet growing ethnic group this is way bad news for the future of the Republican party. The numbers are so outstandingly in favor of the Democrats that unless some huge new issue comes up that has an overriding effect on hispanic voters, the Democratic base is going grow at a fast clip.

I think this election, with its veiled Republican racism, and overt in some cases right wing racism, has hispanics thinking the Republican party is the party of racism. It is very difficult for a political party to overcome this type of belief.

In fact when you look at the strong Democratic lean of the youth of America which is putting far more Democrats into the election pool every year, coupled with the far more Democratic hispanics entering the voter rolls each year, this could the Republicans last chance for the Presidency or Congress for awhile.

A two term Democratic President would basically leave office with a whole new generation added to voter rolls. And these would be overwhelmingly Democratic.

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005
That's cuz McCain will make them become legal or get the Heck out! True dat!

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
In fact when you look at the strong Democratic lean of the youth of America which is putting far more Democrats into the election pool every year..

I don't know about that. The youth of the country have always been strongly Democrat. It's once they get real jobs, start making money and want to keep it that they start voting Republican.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: halik
Low income people favor obama in general. What else is new?

78% of likely voter hispanics are low income? Not likely that's it's even close.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
With Obama as President they think he will take care of their mortgage, gas in the car, groceries.. etc.. finally!!!

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: yowolabi

78% of likely voter hispanics are low income? Not likely that's it's even close.

http://factfinder.census.gov/j...=tp6_income_employment

Black households had the lowest median income. Their 2003 median money income was about $30,000, which was 62 percent of the median non-Hispanic White households.

Median money income for Hispanic households was about $33,000 in 2003, which was 69 percent of the median for non-Hispanic White households.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I remember reading he needed to hit 42% to win the election, they failed miserably with the Hispanic vote if this holds

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Yeah, big surprise. If this weren't true, the D-controlled congress probably would have followed through on their campaign promise to make immigration a priority. Instead, let them come in so they can vote for us! Bastards.

tealk

Diamond Member
May 27, 2005

Yeah it's probably much higher %

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: tealk

Yeah it's probably much higher %

And?

Anyway, hispanics generally have low turnout, so the effect should be minimal.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
Yeah, big surprise. If this weren't true, the D-controlled congress probably would have followed through on their campaign promise to make immigration a priority. Instead, let them come in so they can vote for us! Bastards.

Yet again the most irrational idea I have ever heard. Illegal aliens are registering to vote and then actually voting. This has been disproved time and time and time again.
Its like Obama is a Muslim. It just keeps getting spread by emails and those who are gullible enought to believe it.
I think posts like yours are the REASON hispanics hate the Repblican party.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Yet again the most irrational idea I have ever heard. Illegal aliens are registering to vote and then actually voting. This has been disproved time and time and time again.
Its like Obama is a Muslim. It just keeps getting spread by emails and those who are gullible enought to believe it.
I think posts like yours are the REASON hispanics hate the Repblican party.
1. I'm not a Republican.
2. I never said that illegals were voting.
3. You're an idiot.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Because they think Obama is going to pay thier gas and mortgage :laugh:

Everyone is lining up for a handout today.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I think that the idea that Bush has put the nail in the coffin of republicans is not entirely hyperbole. There is such an upsurge now against republicans and as mentioned the demographics of this nation are changing fast. If you want to win, you don't get on the losing side of that. Unless obama is an utter disaster, the republicans are going to have a hell of a time in 2012, very possibly.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
In fact when you look at the strong Democratic lean of the youth of America which is putting far more Democrats into the election pool every year..

I don't know about that. The youth of the country have always been strongly Democrat. It's once they get real jobs, start making money and want to keep it that they start voting Republican.

Thats funny because it went the other way for me as I grew older, richer and more mellow. I'm no longer the 'angry young man' and realize I live in the midst of society.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Hispanics are actually doing quite well for themselves all things considered. Certainly better than blacks but not as good as whites or asians.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

You mean people ar voting against McCains plan to assume their mortgages and against McCains plan for gas tax holiday...

Oh wait. Its McCain who promised everyone the moon if they would vote for him.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

Not me. I can't wait till I get to contribute more. I don't give to the church so it's government charity for me. Plus, I get to see some of the results. I am a wave that lifts all boats. I have endless bounty.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Not me. I can't wait till I get to contribute more. I don't give to the church so it's government charity for me. Plus, I get to see some of the results. I am a wave that lifts all boats. I have endless bounty.
There are plenty of non-church charities that you can give to - you don't have to rely on the government to mandate charity before you do it, even if you're not religious.