7650M vs 7670M 2GB vs 7670M

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I wouldn't sweat the difference, but the 7670 is better. I wouldn't go for 2gb if it costs more as that won't help you with that card. If one has faster memory pick that (ddr3 vs ddr5)

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
If price is not an issue, I'd look at different models. However out of those 3 - the Dell might be the best option if the 500gb HD is 7200rpm (vs 5400rpm on the HP) and if the memory speed on the video card is higher (ddr5 vs ddr3). If you can get those details on the Dell, you'll have your answer.

The screens are a wash. All the same resolution.

drraptor

Feb 13, 2013
If price is not an issue, I'd look at different models. However out of those 3 - the Dell might be the best option if the 500gb HD is 7200rpm (vs 5400rpm on the HP) and if the memory speed on the video card is higher (ddr5 vs ddr3). If you can get those details on the Dell, you'll have your answer.

The screens are a wash. All the same resolution.

thanks how much does Processor's clock speed matter in gaming http://www.galaxy.com.pk/dell-inspiron-laptop-pakistan.html

e.g I5 3210 vs i7 2670 ?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
thanks how much does Processor's clock speed matter in gaming http://www.galaxy.com.pk/dell-inspiron-laptop-pakistan.html

e.g I5 3210 vs i7 2670 ?

It's probably the least important factor out of the 3 major components (CPU, Memory, Video card). Most important is Video Card, then memory (8gb is prob most you'll need), then processor. Processors have become so fast these days that a good dual core will serve you well, and a quad core generally isn't even utilized.

EDIT:

As far as clock speed - you'll want at minimum 2ghz but this also depends on the processor. Also as your video card gets better, then you have to start thinking more about the processor. They should "grow" together.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
It's probably the least important factor out of the 3 major components (CPU, Memory, Video card). Most important is Video Card, then memory (8gb is prob most you'll need), then processor. Processors have become so fast these days that a good dual core will serve you well, and a quad core generally isn't even utilized.

EDIT:

As far as clock speed - you'll want at minimum 2ghz but this also depends on the processor. Also as your video card gets better, then you have to start thinking more about the processor. They should "grow" together.

I'm not sure it would be after Ram.

He's comparing a dual core to a quad core, although both have HT.

What kinda money we talking here OP? What type of games to you want to play on it?

I'd look for something a little beefier on the GPU myself if your going to be gaming regularly on this thing.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

I agree once a certain point is reached. I guess what I was trying to say if I had to choose from 4gb -> 8gb memory and 2ghz -> 2.4ghz proc for example, I'd pick the memory. If it was 8gb -> 12gb or 2.4ghz -> 2.8ghz, I'd pick the processor.

EDIT:

In other words, the processor is my last concern.

Last edited:

drraptor

Feb 13, 2013

What kinda money we talking here OP? What type of games to you want to play on it?

I'd look for something a little beefier on the GPU myself if your going to be gaming regularly on this thing.

Around Rs 80K. BF3 etc
EDIT
Are these optimized for multi core processor ? In other words, will 4 cores will give better result compared to dual core ?

I do use Adobe light room occasionally

Last edited: