72 yr old pummels pickpocket....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: GDaddy
If you know how to fight, it really does not matter the age. Most people dont fight any more, they just grab a gun or something to make themselves feel big. Alot of older men can dish it out very well, mostly because they have done it before, the kid that was beat up probablly never has been in a real fight, does not know how to be tough because he never has had to be.

For instance, My father was home listening to his Johnny Cash and having a beer or two. My younger brother comes home from the bars with a couple of friends. My father was like 64 at the time, my brother was 21. Now my father is maybe 5'9" and almost 165lbs. not big at all.
So one of my brother's friends gets in my dad's face, dont know why or how, so my dad clocks him once, chipped a tooth and dropped him to the ground, the kid did not get back up. Shock and lack of expirence will drop most and keep them there.

Is your little brother a loser too, or did he get after his friend for bothering your father?

GDaddy

Mar 30, 2006
Originally posted by: paulxcook
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GDaddy
If you know how to fight, it really does not matter the age. Most people dont fight any more, they just grab a gun or something to make themselves feel big. Alot of older men can dish it out very well, mostly because they have done it before, the kid that was beat up probablly never has been in a real fight, does not know how to be tough because he never has had to be.

For instance, My father was home listening to his Johnny Cash and having a beer or two. My younger brother comes home from the bars with a couple of friends. My father was like 64 at the time, my brother was 21. Now my father is maybe 5'9" and almost 165lbs. not big at all.
So one of my brother's friends gets in my dad's face, dont know why or how, so my dad clocks him once, chipped a tooth and dropped him to the ground, the kid did not get back up. Shock and lack of expirence will drop most and keep them there.</end quote></div>

Is your little brother a loser too, or did he get after his friend for bothering your father?

He is better now, was/is always the "baby" of the family, when he quit drinking his friend's improved. This all happened about 10 years ago. And i bet my father could still do it.