71% Of Republicans Said Obama Not Born In USA; 40% Said Cruz Born In US

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Do we think that those numbers are accurate measurements of Knowledge of our solar system, or rather, do you think they are more about Americans as a whole having really really shitty reading comprehension? Or about baited questions? Or people selecting the funny option on a poll?

Maybe the vast majority of people in here are right, we ATers are swimming in a vast ocean of retardation, and slowly, the AT Forum boat is sinking. I hope we make landfall before that happens.

You can view the whole paper here. It's not long.

http://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery...7069065111110080127088008103078106031&EXT=pdf

Bart*Simpson

Jul 21, 2015
www.canadaka.net
Linkage please....

This is the best explanation right here because their results are reproducible (meaning you can prove their assertions for yourself if you have Adobe Acrobat - not just the Reader).

http://mrconservative.com/2013/07/21971-10-facts-that-suggest-obamas-birth-certificate-is-fake/

Note they say "suggest" and that's where I am, too. I won't say the BC is a fake but I will say that the .pdf is not a scan of a document, it's a created document.

I imagine the next President will clear up the controversy once and for all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This is the best explanation right here because their results are reproducible (meaning you can prove their assertions for yourself if you have Adobe Acrobat - not just the Reader).

http://mrconservative.com/2013/07/21971-10-facts-that-suggest-obamas-birth-certificate-is-fake/

Note they say "suggest" and that's where I am, too. I won't say the BC is a fake but I will say that the .pdf is not a scan of a document, it's a created document.

Sweet freaking Jebsu. You are a mindless chump.

Bart*Simpson

Jul 21, 2015
www.canadaka.net
Sweet freaking Jebsu. You are a mindless chump.

I said 'reproducible'.

Scan a document to .pdf and how many layers does it have?

How many layers does the official White House .pdf have?

Go see for yourself. I did.

Now, like I said, this does not prove to me that the birth certificate is fake. But the question does need to be asked why the image of that birth certificate has been altered instead of just posted as-is.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I said 'reproducible'.

Now, like I said, this does not prove to me that the birth certificate is fake. But the question does need to be asked why the image of that birth certificate has been altered instead of just posted as-is.
Just to troll chumps like yourself, would be my guess.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
So here's a fun question for you:

When did Barack Obama change his name from Barry Sotero/Soetero?

Have fun with that. ;)

Here's a fun answer: I don't give a shit because it doesn't fucking matter, in any way, at all, here in observable reality where I live.

Keep on keepin' on!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You mean you were just doing a drive-by trolling and didn't care to contribute anything constructive to the discussion?

I have two words for you and one of them is "Off". :biggrin:
Trolling the delusional is accomplished by simply describing observable reality. To that extent, yes, I certainly drive-by trolled the shit out of you.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
FFS.. Obama could have been born on Mars and he'd still meet the natural born citizen requirement for the Presidency. Because the citizenship of his mother has never been in question.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
FFS.. Obama could have been born on Mars and he'd still meet the natural born citizen requirement for the Presidency. Because the citizenship of his mother has never been in question.

Somehow that "Common Sense" thing never seemed to kick in on that one.

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
I guarantee most of those people mixed up astrology and astronomy

Probably. I find myself doing it on occasion myself. It's odd that the survey would choose uses two very similar sounding words meaning very different things.

But hey while we're at it lets look at how many conservatives believe creationism is scientific.

Bart*Simpson

Jul 21, 2015
www.canadaka.net

Okay, assuming this is the case and there's nothing craptacular in Obama's birth narrative...then why go to such great lengths and about $3 million in legal expenses to fight the requests for the birth certificate?

And keep in mind that Hillary - a Democrat - brought it up first. Why did Obama fight a fellow Democrat over what has apparently turned out to be nothing at all?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Okay, assuming this is the case and there's nothing craptacular in Obama's birth narrative...then why go to such great lengths and about $3 million in legal expenses to fight the requests for the birth certificate?

And keep in mind that Hillary - a Democrat - brought it up first. Why did Obama fight a fellow Democrat over what has apparently turned out to be nothing at all?

That's utterly wrong in every respect & shamefully stupid, not to mention pig headed.

Here's a summary of the court cases-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_presidential_eligibility_litigation

Not one succeeded because they are all without any merit whatsoever.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It depends on the settings used in the scanner. If the scanner is set for OCR then multi-layer scans are almost certain. Most of the scans I do at work have at minimum a base layer plus an image layer. Some come out with multiple image layers as the scanner masks white space and chops images into smaller regions to save file space.

Intent to tamper is not needed to end up with multi-layer .pdf files.

Xerox even had an issue with number swapping.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yaknow, I'm going to get myself in trouble here, but I do think it's funny (ironically so) that the dipshits who call themselves 'patriots' don't understand that the Founding Fathers' greatest intention was to give the middle finger to the aristocracy, then, now, and forever.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I said 'reproducible'.

So here's a fun question for you:

When did Barack Obama change his name from Barry Sotero/Soetero?

Have fun with that. ;)

You mean you were just doing a drive-by trolling and didn't care to contribute anything constructive to the discussion?

I have two words for you and one of them is "Off". :biggrin:

You are off to an odd start.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

b8hxUCa.jpg

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Because all old documents when electronicly stored where converted to a standard form. And probably converted time after time too as record methods were upgraded. Unless a document was of historical value just the information contained was kept. I have my 60 yesr old BC, it does not match the form stord in county records.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Because all old documents when electronicly stored where converted to a standard form. And probably converted time after time too as record methods were upgraded. Unless a document was of historical value just the information contained was kept. I have my 60 yesr old BC, it does not match the form stord in county records.

The hospital I was born in has since been torn down. When I needed a copy of my birth certificate, the county gave me an electronic copy. Correction: the original doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yaknow, I'm going to get myself in trouble here, but I do think it's funny (ironically so) that the dipshits who call themselves 'patriots' don't understand that the Founding Fathers' greatest intention was to give the middle finger to the aristocracy, then, now, and forever.

And now these same dipshits are incredulously supporting those folks looking to create their very own aristocracy right under their noses here in the USA. These aristocrats would subjugate these dipshits without them actually knowing what happened until it was waaaaayyy too late to do anything about it.

Or maybe these dipshits think it well worth being subjugated so long as they get to keep their guns so as to, ironically, defend against the very tyranny that fooled them into servitude. I hope some day they will realize that their enslavement wasn't from the gross overreach of gov't, but was caused by those that bought the gov't outright.

It's the same folks that are selling these "patriots" a shitload of diversive/divisive bullshit in the guise of "personal responsibility", and how the welfare queens are bankrupting the nation and how the minorities have every intention of "taking over the country" and how the nation has irreparably damaged its moral compass and lost its way.

It may already be too late, but one can hope.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
And now these same dipshits are incredulously supporting those folks looking to create their very own aristocracy right under their noses here in the USA. These aristocrats would subjugate these dipshits without them actually knowing what happened until it was waaaaayyy too late to do anything about it.

Or maybe these dipshits think it well worth being subjugated so long as they get to keep their guns so as to, ironically, defend against the very tyranny that fooled them into servitude. I hope some day they will realize that their enslavement wasn't from the gross overreach of gov't, but was caused by those that bought the gov't outright.

It's the same folks that are selling these "patriots" a shitload of diversive/divisive bullshit in the guise of "personal responsibility", and how the welfare queens are bankrupting the nation and how the minorities have every intention of "taking over the country" and how the nation has irreparably damaged its moral compass and lost its way.

It may already be too late, but one can hope.
Leela: Why are you cheering, Fry? You're not rich!
Fry: True, but someday I might be rich. And then people like me better watch their step.