7" tablets sound question

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by mrpiggy, Feb 5, 2013.

1. mrpiggy

mrpiggy Member

Are there any 7"-ish tablets with speakers as good/loud as the old HP touchpad? I use it mainly to watch Netflix and such in bed, but would like a smaller tablet but with decent sound still. The Touchpad with CM nightlies has been a pretty dang good tablet. It's just a bit big and heavy for holding up for long periods while lying in bed. I haven't really shopped around since the touchpad has been so good for what it is.. Thanks in advance!

#1 mrpiggy, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - tablets sound question Forum Date
    Amazon's New Fire 7 Tablet - Still Clinging to 1GB RAM Mobile Devices & Gadgets Wednesday at 9:37 AM
    New iPad (2017), Refurbished iPad Mini/Air 2, or Android Tablet? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Apr 30, 2017
    windows tablet advice pls? win10 + proper gpu Mobile Devices & Gadgets Apr 26, 2017
    Searching for a tablet, any recommendations? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Mar 23, 2017
    Can anyone clarify how Samsung devices handle email notification sounds? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 30, 2016

3. mrrman

mrrman Diamond Member

I have the Nexus 7...with earplugs on it sounds good, without not so good

4. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Platinum Member

Main reason I bought my Kindle Fire HD over the Nexus 7 is because of it's great speakers. After rooting it and adding Google Play I think it's a pretty decent tablet. The speakers are loud and sound pretty good. I also the HP Touchpad and I'd say the are pretty similar.

5. mrpiggy

mrpiggy Member

Isn't the Kindle Fire HD a 9" tablet? I was looking for something closer to 7". I would also be scared of Amazon's closed-off Android OS.

6. Terabyte

Terabyte Diamond Member

There's a 7" Kindle fire hd and a 8,9" Kindle fire hd.

7. Eug

Eug Lifer

The sound on the Nexus 7 is poor quality and very low volume. Avoid.

I sort of get around it with DicePlayer, by increasing the sound volume to 400%. That is adequate for volume, but the quality is still not very good.

Ironically, my phone has way, way higher sound volume than the Nexus 7.

Plus there's no microSD support either.

The state of Android tablets at the moment is still a bit of a mess.

8. Oyeve

Oyeve Lifer

I have the galaxy tab 2 7" and the sound is very good. That's the main reason I bought it.