7/26/11 Steam Midweek Madness: Batman Arkham Asylum 75% off

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Definitely worth 7.50 no question. Possibly the best TP beat em up game i've ever played. Reignited my passion for games that use my xbox controller.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Is this the GOTY edition I'm assuming? I might jump if so. I've been told by SOMEBODY that I need to play it again now that I have 3D running ... ;)

narreth

May 4, 2007
is this properly playable with kb + mouse?
also, would i be able to max it @ 720p with an HD 4650?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
is this properly playable with kb + mouse?
also, would i be able to max it @ 720p with an HD 4650?

I played through the entire game with a kb/m and didn't have any problems at all and found it worked quite well.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
I like this game, but too much spoon feeding going on.. which can be a total distraction for some.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I got it during Summer sale. Not bothering to download any games til I get back to school where I'll have a connection that won't leave me with 30 hour per game download times!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
This game seems like it's on sale at least once every month.

New one is due this year, so I think they're making sure as many people as possible will play the first one and be excited for that.

narreth

May 4, 2007
does anyone know exactly how the 4 limit drm works? So after I install it 4 times I can never install it again? seems pretty stupid yea?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
does anyone know exactly how the 4 limit drm works? So after I install it 4 times I can never install it again? seems pretty stupid yea?

Yes it's stupid, but no that's not entirely how it works. When you uninstall it you deactivate that copy so you're back up to 4 again (IIRC). However if your HDD crashed without a proper uninstallation it might still count as an install. Though a lot of games that had this type of DRM had it patched out a while ago. Not sure if this still has it, especially through steam.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Yes it's stupid, but no that's not entirely how it works. When you uninstall it you deactivate that copy so you're back up to 4 again (IIRC). However if your HDD crashed without a proper uninstallation it might still count as an install. Though a lot of games that had this type of DRM had it patched out a while ago. Not sure if this still has it, especially through steam.

Or if you wipe and reinstall without taking the time to uninstall every single one of your games first, which is what most people do. Very few people can be assed to uninstall every single game on the off chance that one of them might have some form of install-limiting DRM.

Still it's well worth it. Awesome game, controls great with both the Xbox 360 controller AND with keyboard and mouse. I played almost the entire game with a keyboard and mouse.

It does sort of hold your hand; I did die a few times but it was mostly pretty easy. Then again I was playing on medium. On hard it's quite a bit more difficult since not only do you have less health, but the game doesn't give you a big flashing notification of when enemies are going to attack you so you can counter. You have to actually watch their movements and counter that way.

Stumben2

Jan 13, 2006
Hated this game. I appreciated the fact it was well done but I just didn't like it. Some people love it.

I wish I waited - with this price even if you are one of the people that hate it....you didn't spend much.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
Great game. I picked up a wired Xbox 360 controller since this game seems to feel off with a mouse + keyboard (so I've heard). It took some getting used to, using the controller (since I use M+KB 99% of the time) but I really liked it once I got used to it. Very fun game, waaaaay worth $7.50.