6yr old has eyes ripped out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
OMG, this is heartbreaking.....the story of the Chinese boy who cant understand why the Sun hasnt yet come up.....I cant believe their are people in this world who would do this.....The poor, poor little man...

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/18700906/why-is-it-dark-asks-blinded-chinese-boy/

A six-year-old Chinese boy who had his eyes gouged out does not know he has been blinded and asks his family why the sun has yet to rise, state media reported Wednesday.

The boy, surnamed Guo, was found covered in blood in the northern province of Shanxi after he went missing while playing outside, Chinese media reported previously.

His eyes, gouged out by an attacker, were recovered nearby, a police officer in Fenxi county who declined to be named told AFP.

The boy was being treated at an eye hospital and was not yet aware that he has been left blind for life, the Beijing Youth Daily said.

"He asks why the sky is always dark... and why the dawn still hasn't come," it quoted an uncle of the boy as saying.

"We could only tell him that his eyes had some injury and have to be bandaged. (We tell him that) they will be fine after the bandage is removed.

"It is such a difficult question to explain to him. It is the most heartbreaking thing," he said.

Earlier Chinese media reports said the corneas were missing when the boy's eyes were found, leading to speculation that the attacker was an organ trafficker.

But police said Wednesday the corneas had been found attached to the eyeballs and ruled out organ sales as a motive, although they were unable to provide an alternative explanation for the attack.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Yep. China. Bunch of nut jobs over there. I'm glad I live in the US where it's safe.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Yep. China. Bunch of nut jobs over there. I'm glad I live in the US where it's safe.

The cool thing about shitty countries is that they're an excellent source of top tier immigrants. The Jews who managed to get out of Europe became great entertainers and scholars. Many of the eastern Europeans who escaped the USSR were successful in various first world countries. Immigrants from China, India, and Africa are some of the most highly educated.

Holy smokes that's so wrong / sad ... doesn't matter where it happened.
Evil but clever. It's extremely hard to positively identify your attacker when you can't see him. I'm surprised that people are not blinded more often. If you're going to beat a guy or stab a guy, blinding him is probably the easiest way to get away with it. Murder is a bad idea because police actually investigate things like that

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Sad and terrible, but this:
"We could only tell him that his eyes had some injury and have to be bandaged. (We tell him that) they will be fine after the bandage is removed."

Only makes it worse. Poor kid is going to have hope for how long until he realizes he will never see? Don't lie to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.