6GB of VRAM Finally Used!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012
Last edited:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
I know this must be your second account and all, but could you possibly tone it down to a dull troll roar once in a while? LMAO.

Ironic, what do you know about second accounts, as well as the NV roar?

Ah, an edit to troll roar. (from AMD roaring)

:p

dqniel

Mar 13, 2004
Its not jealousy. I have many luxury items that cost far more than 4k. But the fact is that all of those items serve a purpose or hold value or have use.

4 Titans has no use. 3 Titans has been proved to be a total waste of energy and money.

You only buy 4 Titans so you can come onto a forum and brag. Heck it doesnt even play the games properly that they were intended for.

Kind of reminds me of the rap videos where a bunch of gangsters drink crystal because they think its expensive and it makes them look cool.

Its like when Americans put big ugly shiny spinning wheels on a Range Rover. Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

id find it more impressive if someone showed us a dual Titan setup done correctly where they get 60 FPS on a 4k monitor and the game was fully playable.

Anyone can buy 4 Titans and 3 big 30" screens and get 25 FPS. Doesnt mean its a good idea or anything noteworthy.

I was far more impressed with the guy who put dry ice cubes on his notebook to OC his 680M SLI.

His money, his issue.

For all you know he could give more to charity in a week than you do in a year.

My point is that you don't know... so there's no point in whining about how he spends his money since it's his money to spend.

Last I checked, people work for Nvidia, and him spending money on their products goes to support the company and the people that work there.

Fx1

Golden Member
Aug 22, 2012
I call BS on that. IMHO. And, you are trolling for flames. You like it and it's what you do. No question.

BS on what?

If you want to run a SLI Titan on 2 cards than cool i can understand its going to give you up to 90% boost in FPS.

3 and 4 cards its a lottery. It might work and most likely it wont. So why are you giving Nvidia $4000 for something that doesnt work?

Makes me wonder how many Nvidia employees out there rocking these setups posting threads trying to build the hype.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
LL

Powered by an HCP 1200 no less :wub:

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
BS on what?

If you want to run a SLI Titan on 2 cards than cool i can understand its going to give you up to 90% boost in FPS.

3 and 4 cards its a lottery. It might work and most likely it wont. So why are you giving Nvidia $4000 for something that doesnt work?

Makes me wonder how many Nvidia employees out there rocking these setups posting threads trying to build the hype.

I agree you have valid points, over 1 card has diminishing returns, 2 can still be high, 3 is less, and 4 is pretty rarely having much benefit (not nearly the scaling anymore).

I haven't seen a 4 way sli with 30" screens which the OP claims benefit more than 5760x180, but being the 3xHD screens fail to show liitle gain I don't know if I believe they scale superbly with the extra pixels (possibly slightly more?).

Anyways you could post in a less abrasive manner. :p

Lepton87

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2009
I had Quad Fire system, and 4th card easily adds performance, sometimes as much as 25% our of theoretically possible 33%.(still have those cards) Unfortunately few games worked well with it, so I decided to go with one crazy stupidly overpriced card. When CF worked properly it was faster then Titan.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Ironic, what do you know about second accounts, as well as the NV roar?

Ah, an edit to troll roar. (from AMD roaring)

:p

Please if you ever want a shred of respect from me, do not defend this guy. All I'm asking.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I had Quad Fire system, and 4th card easily adds performance, sometimes as much as 25% our of theoretically possible 33%.(still have those cards) Unfortunately few games worked well with it, so I decided to go with one crazy stupidly overpriced card. When CF worked properly it was faster then Titan.

Did you try my giggles so we can both giggles?

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
It tanks to 30fps on SB at 4.4GHz? That's crazy unoptimized. I though the culprit was definitely the graphics card.

Does nearly the same on my friends 3930k@4.2ghz and he rocks a gtx670 and games at 1366x768 on a 26'' t.v.

Worst game for unoptimized gameplay is GTA4,1920x1200 on medium and all kinds of crazy dips.

Best game has been FarCry 3,pushed my 7850 so good at medium settings with hbao enabled and msaa disabled that now i need to check my cooling,saw my gpu hit 78 cel for the first time,usually it never hits over 60 lol.

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
Please if you ever want a shred of respect from me, do not defend this guy. All I'm asking.

I'm not defending him. Anyways, he did have a valid point about diminishing returns over 2 cards.

On topic:
This actually shows that 2/3/4 GB cards must be pretty squeezed for RAM in SLI/Crossfire with high resolution. Then again they probably can't even be playable...

bleucharm28

Sep 27, 2008
Its not jealousy. I have many luxury items that cost far more than 4k. But the fact is that all of those items serve a purpose or hold value or have use.

4 Titans has no use. 3 Titans has been proved to be a "total waste of energy and money.

Kind of reminds me of the rap videos where a bunch of gangsters drink crystal because they think its expensive and it makes them look cool.

Its like when Americans put big ugly shiny spinning wheels on a Range Rover. Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Anyone can buy 4 Titans and 3 big 30" screens and get 25 FPS. Doesnt mean its a good idea or anything noteworthy.

Where are we going with these types of comments?