6800GT >>> HDTV????

titanmiller

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2003
I have a 6800GT with S-Video, VGA, and DVI out, is there anyway that I can connect it to a HDTV? I know some TVs have a DVI port but this one does not. It has S-Video, Composite, Component, Cable Card, Cable, Antenna, and HDMI

Here is the TV - (I didnt buy it off of Ebay, but this gives a good description/pictures)

Thanks.

Matthias99

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2003

Get a DVI->HDMI adapter cable. I suggest not buying the "Monster Cable" one if you can avoid it, since they charge way more than everyone else.

Some 6800GTs can also do component out -- but you didn't say which one you have, so there's no way anyone can tell you if it does! :p

titanmiller

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2003
sorry, it's a BFG 6800GT OC

Thanks for telling me about the DVI>HDMI, is it's intended purpose to connect a computer with DVI to HDMI?

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
Originally posted by: titanmiller
sorry, it's a BFG 6800GT OC

Thanks for telling me about the DVI>HDMI, is it's intended purpose to connect a computer with DVI to HDMI?

I would agree with Matthias. HDMI is the newest connector type for HDTV, it's pretty much just an evolution of DVI, many older HDTVs have DVI and component only for inputing HDTV signals. BTW, that TV is freakin sweet.