64MB USB Flashdrive $9.99

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
Outpost canceled the last 3 deals I got in on so I'll never do business with them again but good luck to those who do. :(

kimchi

Dec 17, 1999
I tried a very similar deal at J&R a couple weeks back - with very short rebate response period, too - for a Jungsoft 64 MB USB flashdrive and it went to backorder status the next day. I called and CS knew right away what was up - said they would be filling all orders received by a specified date once they got more stock in, and had made arrangements for the Jungsoft rebate to be extended.

Looked at the Outpost info and, surprise, Nexdisk is a Jungsoft product! Must be sending that J&R "restock" over to Outpost/Frys, if there is any stock at all. Plus the rebate form says rebate in 14-16 weeks, presuming you can get it in on time in the first place. These rebate mongers are getting shiftier (drop the f) all the time.

BJawa, this is not meant as a TC, just a heads up.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
LOL, the rebate dates are a joke. Receipt must be dated 2/19-2/26 which is ok if you order it now but it must postmarked by 2/28. They give you a gracious 2 days to mail the rebate form. Assuming you order now you would probably receive it by 2/26. What a bunch of crooks.

jTek

Jun 8, 2001
I had one of these on order at JandR, but I just jumped on the Sandisk Cruzer for $9 AR at Circuit City and canceled my JandR order. The rebate is too tight.

jTek

Jun 8, 2001
ordered on 19, received on 21, sent rebate on 22, whats the problem?

I'll tell you the problem!

I ordered on the 19th, got a backorder notice 4 days later, and have yet to see an updated rebate form.

Braxus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hmm... wonder if it's the same price at B&M Fry's... That 14-16 wait time is ridiculous tho. Kinda have a feeling even though they have the rebate, they won't be sending it, hoping after week 16 (4 months!!!) you'll forget.

Oct 16, 2002
I got in on both deals:

J&R, I ordered it on the 9th, got backorder notice the next week (even though it's clear I ordered ahead of many of the people that got theirs!!), decided to wait.

(Apologies in advance for the rant).
Outpost, ordered 19th. Wasn't sure where they shipped from, so I paid for overnight (I figured if they delayed the shipment even a little, I might get screwed on the rebate, so it was worth the extra 2 dollars). Shipped from Ohio (I'm in PA). 20th, Airborne shows it as having arrived at the local station at 10am. They didn't even put it on the truck to deliver it. Given the 2 feet of snow we had earlier in the week, I wasn't shocked, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. 21st, they put it on the truck 8 am. 6pm I got tired of waiting and called their 800 number. They said the latest they normally deliver is 7pm. Waited til 7pm, still nothing. Called Airborne again, they tell me the truck my package is on is back at the station. Excuse me? My package was sent OVERNIGHT. Not "whenever you feel like driving it out here". The woman on the phone apologized for the "Airborne error". Error, right. I know the people in the package shipping industry have a tough job (I did it a little as a temp), but this was kind of ridiculous. Told them I wanted to pick it up at the station, they said they'd call the station who would then call me to make arrangements, told me I'd get a call in an hour. Given their track record thus far, I wasn't going to give them the benefit, drove to the station. The folks at the counter were cool, they looked up my package, had the guy pull it off the truck (took them 25 minutes!). All in all, Airborne gets a highly unsatisfactory rating. I used to think UPS was bad, but this is a new record in terms of slacking. If I had let it go, I *might* have gotten the package Monday. Note that I never got the call from them "within the hour" (although me being at the counter probably caused that). Given the constraints on the rebate, I wasn't going to wait. I plan to contact Outpost regarding a refund for shipping as Airborne clearly did not live up to their end of things.

Emailed J&R to cancel (I don't need two, and I definitely don't need another rebate hanging out there in limbo). They replied, saying the rebate was extended and they were filling orders placed during the rebate period, wondered if I would reconsider. I told them no thanks, the order was cancelled.

All that said, the item works great. I plan to use it instead of a floppy (already removed my ls120). Sent the rebate today and am crossing my fingers.

pspada

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Originally posted by: FrancescoRinaldi
I got in on both deals:

J&R, I ordered it on the 9th, got backorder notice the next week (even though it's clear I ordered ahead of many of the people that got theirs!!), decided to wait.

(Apologies in advance for the rant).
Outpost, ordered 19th. Wasn't sure where they shipped from, so I paid for overnight (I figured if they delayed the shipment even a little, I might get screwed on the rebate, so it was worth the extra 2 dollars). Shipped from Ohio (I'm in PA). 20th, Airborne shows it as having arrived at the local station at 10am. They didn't even put it on the truck to deliver it. Given the 2 feet of snow we had earlier in the week, I wasn't shocked, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. 21st, they put it on the truck 8 am. 6pm I got tired of waiting and called their 800 number. They said the latest they normally deliver is 7pm. Waited til 7pm, still nothing. Called Airborne again, they tell me the truck my package is on is back at the station. Excuse me? My package was sent OVERNIGHT. Not "whenever you feel like driving it out here". The woman on the phone apologized for the "Airborne error". Error, right. I know the people in the package shipping industry have a tough job (I did it a little as a temp), but this was kind of ridiculous. Told them I wanted to pick it up at the station, they said they'd call the station who would then call me to make arrangements, told me I'd get a call in an hour. Given their track record thus far, I wasn't going to give them the benefit, drove to the station. The folks at the counter were cool, they looked up my package, had the guy pull it off the truck (took them 25 minutes!). All in all, Airborne gets a highly unsatisfactory rating. I used to think UPS was bad, but this is a new record in terms of slacking. If I had let it go, I *might* have gotten the package Monday. Note that I never got the call from them "within the hour" (although me being at the counter probably caused that). Given the constraints on the rebate, I wasn't going to wait. I plan to contact Outpost regarding a refund for shipping as Airborne clearly did not live up to their end of things.

Emailed J&R to cancel (I don't need two, and I definitely don't need another rebate hanging out there in limbo). They replied, saying the rebate was extended and they were filling orders placed during the rebate period, wondered if I would reconsider. I told them no thanks, the order was cancelled.

All that said, the item works great. I plan to use it instead of a floppy (already removed my ls120). Sent the rebate today and am crossing my fingers.

Uhhh, thanks for the term paper :confused:

Braxus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Cybordolphin
Can these be bought in the B&M (Fry's)? Or only online??

I just came back from the Sunnyvale Fry's... THey 2 left but were 49.99. Frankly, the 4 month wait period kills the deal IMO.

KifArU

Oct 9, 1999
Anybody got this drive? And willing to sell it?
Please PM or e-mail me: kifaru (at) tkau (dot) nl