$630 Fine for driving 1 mph over limit in South Georgia, I-95 drivers Beware, Statewide 55 MPH Limit coming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bambam

Oct 28, 1999
There is porbably more to the story but 6-7 mph seems like a good margin of of error .

I sure wish the speeding laws around metro Atlanta were enforced 70+ in a 55 is very common and can be very scary . Safer for us all and more $ in the strapped local gov't pocket from someone other than me ( not a speeder ) .

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I only got one speeding ticket in Georgia, about a year ago. I remember that it was 102 in a 70 (10/2 was the date of an ex's b-day). I think mine was only a couple hundred bucks. I do, however, hope that all the cops down there aren't as bad as the one that got me. Guy was a real lecturer type, which annoys the hell out of me.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: bambam
There is porbably more to the story but 6-7 mph seems like a good margin of of error .

I sure wish the speeding laws around metro Atlanta were enforced 70+ in a 55 is very common and can be very scary . Safer for us all and more $ in the strapped local gov't pocket from someone other than me ( not a speeder ) .

Wtf? 70 is what.. 110km/h? A bit faster maybe? You see lots of trucks cruising around there.. dangerous? lol.. 55mph is only 90km/h and that's pretty slow on the freeway. I have to wonder how bad the drivers are down there if you think 70mph is dangerous...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Ultima
Originally posted by: bambam

Wtf? 70 is what.. 110km/h? A bit faster maybe? You see lots of trucks cruising around there.. dangerous? lol.. 55mph is only 90km/h and that's pretty slow on the freeway. I have to wonder how bad the drivers are down there if you think 70mph is dangerous...

Driving 30 MPH down here in dangerous:

2-5-2004 Truckers Respond to Proposed 55 MPH Law

?More than 200 people a year die as a result of crashes with large trucks,? said Senator David Adelman, D-Atlanta. ?Georgia is consistently in the top five states for fatalities from collisions with large trucks.?