6 Waltons (Walmart) have more wealth then the bottom 30% of Americans.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Free market, like Anarchy, is a nice concept where everyone gets to find out what their true worth is to society and everyone benefits and we all go skipping through fields of daisies hand-in-hand.

Reality is that you get a bunch of people in an open field and tell them "play nice" and you get 300lb linebackers tackling grandma or packs of feral children tearing apart the local shop owner because he did not give them free lollipops.

Everything needs some rules (like many sports) or you do not get, literally, an "even playing field". You let the high schoolers play against the middle schoolers, you not only do not get a fair fight, but the high schoolers cripple anyone coming up in the ranks before they can ever BECOME good enough to compete.

I would agree with this. Freedom married with regulation is a very fuzzy line. And not one that can be drawn without people on either side crying foul.
Question, and this is serious. How can we stem the outflow of cash from this country (and to the "few" rather than the many) WITHOUT significantly harming competition, or the share already earned (in whatever way) by the current leaders?

IMHO? Targeted stiff tarrifs would be a good start. Taxation of any kind is not the answer (although I concede tariffs are a tax of sorts).

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I see no middle class in reality, it is mainly just a bunch of indebted white folks with a entitlement complex riding off their racist past privileges while doing their damndest to work against their own best interests by buying into reactionary corporatist propaganda to pick the bones clean of whats left of the economy. A economy historically that was built in the first place off of slavery an exploitation of everyone else. It is hilarious that they deride others of being lazy too, like the rest of the world does not see through this with half a brain for critical thinking.

Quoted for the record for his hate for America and hard working Americans.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
I would of said your Fed took the trophy for holding back market truths and realities- like in the boom time before the GFC- having such a low interest rate, seems like they where a part of a bigger picture to me.

The Fed distorted the reality of market by allowing loose (easy to attain credit) to be available to fuel the boom of the over inflated housing market which feed the credit bubble in return. It was of no surprise then that bust followed once apex was reached on this loose credit debacle and reality cut through to the surface of the overall view on the market and the bottom fell out. I.E. they dished out "free" drinks at the bar and eventually they ran out of drinks and a brawl started that caused lots of damage.

You would think Goldman & Sachs are great ethical and moral business people?

My opinion on if they are "ethical or moral" is of no real value or consequences to anyone but myself compared to if say Obama POTUS does so and frankly considering he appointed 30 ex-GS execs to his cabinet positions he pretty much believes that most of their ex-employees are "great and ethical moral business people".

Last edited: