6 months ago I put my old Schwinn Le Tour out on the curb.

Jan 18, 2001
But I was glad to see that someone came along and took it. I didn't really want it going into the landfill.

Today I saw it parked on a bike rack outside the building where I work. :) they put new rubber on it, but otherwise its in exactly the same shape, peeling handle bar tape and all.

:D:beer:

UPDATE: I have been convinced by other recent threads that this bike was in fact STOLEN from me. I am so pissed. What should I do?

Jan 18, 2001
thought abou thtat. I am glad its got a new home and someone is using it. I wonder if the person riding it now was the person who picked it up.

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: pclstyle
yes i'm confused as well.

as you should be! seriously! It was stolen right in front of my house. I had only been sitting there for about 5 days...it was clearly intended for the garbage guys to pick up...NOT my neighbor's bother-in-law.

:p

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
Originally posted by: pclstyle
yes i'm confused as well.

as you should be! seriously! It was stolen right in front of my house. I had only been sitting there for about 5 days...it was clearly intended for the garbage guys to pick up...NOT my neighbor's bother-in-law.

:p

I bet you the neighbor told his brother-in-law about it before it was stolen. So not only is it theft, but there's also conspiracy to commit a crime!

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Wait...so some one stole an item from you that was going to the dump...and your pissed why? If anything, he saved you some money.

Malfeas

Apr 27, 2005
Well, guess what? The second you place anything on your curb for trash pickup, it becomes public domain. By placing it there you are declaring that you no longer want this property and disavow all rights to it. Therefore it was not stolen. Now pull your head out your ass.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Malfeas
Well, guess what? The second you place anything on your curb for trash pickup, it becomes public domain. By placing it there you are declaring that you no longer want this property and disavow all rights to it. Therefore it was not stolen. Now pull your head out your ass.

Will you read the damn thread! :p

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
So you put it out to be thrown away and someone took it. You openly admit you'd rather see someone else have it than it go to the landfill. What's the problem? Just trying to be an asshole?

ttown

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2003
The dude is getting use from something destined for a landfill. You shouldn't be mad.

I know the feeling, though.... I left 2 big bags of old clothes at the doorstep of a Goodwill (in a poor neighborhood) after hours.
An hour later, I drove by and some guy was digging through the bags picking stuff out.
At first I was pissed, cuz I just gave my clothes to Goodwill -- not him! But after thinking about it -- he was definately poor, and I was glad to see my old junky clothes going to someone who could use them. On the one hand, someones life is a little better. On the other hand, the dude stole from Goodwill.

For you it should be easier. On the one hand, someones life is a little better. On the other hand, the dude stole from a landfill.