6/04/13 Steam Midweek Madness: Eve Online 75% off, Batman Arkham Asylum/City 75% off

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Eve Online $4.98 75% off

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $4.99 75% off
Batman Arkham City GOTY $7.50 75% off

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I installed Steam on my PS3 for Portal 2. Can I buy the Batman games on Steam to play on the PS3?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I installed Steam on my PS3 for Portal 2. Can I buy the Batman games on Steam to play on the PS3?

No. Portal 2 is the only game that does that so far. Mainly because it is a Valve game.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
No. Portal 2 is the only game that does that so far. Mainly because it is a Valve game.

Yea, figured. I don't see Sony willingly giving up some profits to steam to start butting into consoles.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Yea, figured. I don't see Sony willingly giving up some profits to steam to start butting into consoles.

It isn't a Sony decision. It is a publisher/dev one. You can link your PS3 and Steam accounts together in a way. Sony doesn't care, that is why Valve did it with them.

Anyone game that you buy for the PS3 could come with the same setup to get a copy of said game on Steam if the publisher wanted too, but they don't. Valve being Valve wanted to try something new and let players switch between the platforms.

Too late to get into Eve Online?

Never

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
It isn't a Sony decision. It is a publisher/dev one. You can link your PS3 and Steam accounts together in a way. Sony doesn't care, that is why Valve did it with them.

Anyone game that you buy for the PS3 could come with the same setup to get a copy of said game on Steam if the publisher wanted too, but they don't. Valve being Valve wanted to try something new and let players switch between the platforms.

Never
Sony would care, if devs weren't making PS3 disc but releasing it through steam instead. Though I guess if they got the same cut from each game, they would be OK with it.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sony would care, if devs weren't making PS3 disc but releasing it through steam instead. Though I guess if they got the same cut from each game, they would be OK with it.

You can't purchase anything through Steam on the PS3. The only way the system is currently setup to work is you buy the PS3 version of a game and you can get a free Steam copy of it as well. In the end, like I said, Sony doesn't care, they are getting a sale on their system and are offering a unique feature.