5870/5850/5770/5750 stocking status

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gargar

Dec 24, 2009
basically all 5850 brands are in stock at Newegg and Amazon. and every other online store i visit got few brands in stock.

Amazon sell Sapphire brand for 287.20$ right now. which is a good move by them, as other brands probably sitting on the shelves collecting dust... which mean, that we can expect the rest of the brands to have a price drop soon.

Newegg got Powercolor and Assus at 299$. my suggestion is to WAIT. two weeks from now most brands will sell for 260-270$. no reason to buy now. January and February are the slowest months at retailer and prices will have to go down. it's already started, as you can see. so just keep hanging.

Last edited:

plonk420

Feb 6, 2004
updated for 5670! (not sure if we need this anymore)

are mods able to fix the title as it shows up on the main topic list?

gargar

Dec 24, 2009
prices are going down and fast. While amazon had Sapphire brand at 285$ for some time now newegg were reluctant to join the price cut. Not anymore. Three different brands (Visiontek, Sapphire, PowerColor) are available for 289.99. A few others, like the normal XFX, Diamond,Msi and HIS are available for 299$. The only ones which are more expensive are Gygabyre and the expensive XFX models (which are useless in my opinion). Availability, of course, isn't a problem anymore.

Give it two weeks and the price will drop to 269$ so hang on for a bit

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
And there still aren't enough 5970s. I hope they don't blow their entire lead over nVidia. If you can get Fermi but not a 5970... I just don't know.

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
I ordered the HIS 5850 from ZZF over the weekend. Today I noticed the order was still in "Packed" status, so I inquired about the status, and they let me know that the order was not in stock and they do not expect stock within the next two weeks, so they will have to cancel my order.

If you ordered a card from ZZF recently and it hasn't already shipped, I strongly encourage you to contact them to make sure the item is actually in stock. I missed out on a similar card for cheaper at Newegg yesterday because I couldn't cancel my ZZF order.

Edit: Ordered the sapphire from MWave, I don't want to wait any longer so I did 2-day shipping and used the $10 coupon to have a final price of $285 shipped. Thanks for the heads up!

I stopped ordering from ZZF for this reason. It was also taking two days (and a phone call) on items they did have in stock, they blamed it on Paypal. That's BS.. Newegg, Mwave, Ewiz, and others, no problems..

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Is that thing smaller than 13" without the reference cooler on it? Anyone know the dimensions of just the PCB?

EK2K
That looks like the reference PCB, in which case it would be 11.5" long according to AnandTech.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Oh boy 800 dollars. OMG I have to sell a liver to get this one. This is insane it costs 3 x more then a cpu, and a good cpu at that. My goodness you pay 800 bones and long and behold 3 months later theres a faster card out called Im guessing 5990 Extreme lol ,,, ya know, I mean thats a apartment rent price wtf,,, :) just my thoughts on it :eek::eek::eek::eek:

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
this thread still lives! I remember the 4890 price bottoming out sometime in june at around $115ish. Fast forward 8 months to now, I just ended up getting one for $15 more than that :D

plonk420

Feb 6, 2004
i guess my impulsey purchase at $380 *wasn't* so bad... (my only regret is that it wasn't XFX)

i just wish 4770s were under $100 (or similarly-performing 5000 series were)

i also wished i could have talked at least one of my friends getting a 5850 within the last week into waiting for fermi benches and prices in the rare event they pushed ATI prices down

Last edited: