5850x2 and 5870x2 pricing

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: MrK6

Funny how there's so many of us saying the same thing, we must all be wrong.

Few trillion flies eat shit every day, they cannot be all wrong...

at a lower price point than before,

Since you are still unable to grasp it, here: it's not true and because it has to gain significant market share, all this in a recession.

Jacen

Feb 21, 2009
Originally posted by: thilanliyan
Originally posted by: Jacen
This sounds pretty logical though the only thing I could see holding those prices back is the fact that the GT300 won't be out by then. So if it doesn't happen by Christmas I expect it to happen by the Nvidia launch in January.

If the prices are reasonable then some people who were waiting may not want to...especially considering we have no idea when GT300 is actually coming out.

Not any time soon :)

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: thilanliyan
This sounds pretty logical though the only thing I could see holding those prices back is the fact that the GT300 won't be out by then. So if it doesn't happen by Christmas I expect it to happen by the Nvidia launch in January.

If the prices are reasonable then some people who were waiting may not want to...especially considering we have no idea when GT300 is actually coming out.

Not any time soon :)

Now that is one thing we all agree on, I think. :D

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: T2k

Funny how there's so many of us saying the same thing, we must all be wrong.

Few trillion flies eat shit every day, they cannot be all wrong...

at a lower price point than before,

Since you are still unable to grasp it, here: it's not true and because it has to gain significant market share, all this in a recession.
Oh, so you can't explain it, thanks for pointing out how little you know. And no bonus points, because you still used bold font.

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Sriously: after all your worthless comments - you posted no meaningful reply so far - do you seriously think someone gives a FF about your lame trolling?

IN case you are not trolling but indeed this ignorant: which part of the meaning/importance of these two word market share you cannot understand?

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
Sriously: after all your worthless comments - you posted no meaningful reply so far - do you seriously think someone gives a FF about your lame trolling?

IN case you are not trolling but indeed this ignorant: which part of the meaning/importance of these two word market share you cannot understand?
Trying to use my rebuttal against me doesn't work when you're the one that has to prove your point, nice try. Now if you can use your indoor voice (no bolding) and act like an adult (don't cry and call names), maybe we can continue this "discussion." I've stated my opinion way in the beginning, and you tried to say I was wrong. The information you posted was incorrect, and you continually ignored my request to explain your reasoning, preferably with proof. You have yet to do this, and instead have resorted to name calling and making incomplete, nonsensical statements. Now I repeat:

Originally posted by: MrK6So please, explain why you think AMD should introduce it's cards at a lower price point than before, while cannibalizing the rest of it's product line, especially when it has no competition from NVIDIA.

If you can't do it this time, do everyone a favor and just let the thread die.

MODEL3

Jul 22, 2009
http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/17770

Radeon HD 5900 cards may have dual GPUs

As we noted yesterday, AMD's latest OpenCL drivers include explicit support for two unannounced, unreleased Radeon HD 5900-series graphics cards. The drivers give no hints as to what the future products might actually be, but the folks at NordicHardware claim to have an answer.

Quoting no sources in particular, NordicHardware says it has confirmation that the Radeon HD 5970 is a Hemlock part. Hemlock, as you'll know if you read our review of the Radeon HD 5870, refers to AMD's upcoming dual-GPU graphics card. That product will wield two Cypress graphics chips and no doubt fearsome pixel-crunching power.

If this report is accurate, AMD will stray somewhat from branding tradition?its previous high-end dual-GPU cards were the Radeon HD 4870 X2 and Radeon HD 3870 X2. Since the driver includes two "Radeon HD 5900" strings, the company may also have a second DirectX 11 dual-GPU offering in the works. NordicHardware says that product could be a Radeon HD 5950, a name that suggests fewer stream processors and texture units, kind of like the current Radeon HD 5850.

Time will definitely tell. AMD plans to introduce Hemlock-based cards before the end of the year.

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004

BLA
BLA
BLA
more retarded BLA
completely useless and space-wasting BLABLABLA to make sure the child's ego does not collapse...

Originally posted by: MrK6So please, explain why you think AMD should introduce it's cards at a lower price point than before, while cannibalizing the rest of it's product line, especially when it has no competition from NVIDIA.

There yiou go again: which part of the meaning/importance of these two word market share you cannot understand?

Do you know what MARKET SHARE means?

Which part of "it did not happen like that before, you are wrong" you cannot understand?

If you can't do it this time, do everyone a favor and just let the thread die.

Ohhh, it's actually very easy, kido: just keep your keyboard shut and stop writing idiotic, meaningless replies... :D
Nobody cares,

T2k

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2004
Originally posted by: MODEL3
http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/17770

Radeon HD 5900 cards may have dual GPUs

As we noted yesterday, AMD's latest OpenCL drivers include explicit support for two unannounced, unreleased Radeon HD 5900-series graphics cards. The drivers give no hints as to what the future products might actually be, but the folks at NordicHardware claim to have an answer.

Quoting no sources in particular, NordicHardware says it has confirmation that the Radeon HD 5970 is a Hemlock part. Hemlock, as you'll know if you read our review of the Radeon HD 5870, refers to AMD's upcoming dual-GPU graphics card. That product will wield two Cypress graphics chips and no doubt fearsome pixel-crunching power.

If this report is accurate, AMD will stray somewhat from branding tradition?its previous high-end dual-GPU cards were the Radeon HD 4870 X2 and Radeon HD 3870 X2. Since the driver includes two "Radeon HD 5900" strings, the company may also have a second DirectX 11 dual-GPU offering in the works. NordicHardware says that product could be a Radeon HD 5950, a name that suggests fewer stream processors and texture units, kind of like the current Radeon HD 5850.

Time will definitely tell. AMD plans to introduce Hemlock-based cards before the end of the year.

'bout friggin' time... 5850X2 FTW :D