566 CuMine and AX6BC?

innuen6o

Jun 5, 2000
Does anyone have any experience with overclocking using this combo?

The AX6BC lacks a multiplier setting of 8.5x. How do I get around this? Is multiplier set by the slotket card?

Thanks for the help!

PS - are there any CuMINE o/c guides out there?

ezrider

Jun 5, 2000
Heya, I'm lookin for the same info. I got the ax6bc running 2.53 bios. I can't get it to run. I've tried every voltage setting, every bios setting, just won't even boot. if ya get any info please post it.
Thanks,
EZ

unknown

Dec 4, 1999
any updates on this post fellas? I'm picking up a 566 this week and have the same board.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It will work. The BX chipset does multiply higher than 8x, it just does it internally, taking the multiplier from the cpu. You could set the multiplier at 3x 100, if you have a cpu capable of running 100MHz fsb, and it would still clock at 850. :)

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How do you guys recover from a black screen POST on this board? I have to reset the CMOS every time that happens. Makes it pretty agonizing to try and overclock it :|

celeron550

Mar 13, 2000
ornery: just hold down the home key when you pwer back up..hold it down till you get the video signal..basically a clear cmos...hope this helps..

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hey celeron550, where did you find that tidbit? Please don't tell me its in the manual! :Q
Edit: Yep, here it is in X6bc-hw.pdf, page 2 of 5...
  • Tip: If your system hangs or fails to boot because of overclocking, simply use <Home> key to restore to the default setting (233MHz). By this smart design, it would be more convenient to clear CPU frequency setting. For using this function you just need to press <Home> key first and then press Power button at the same time. Note that do not release <Home> key until POST screen appearing.
RTFM boys and girls! DUH! :D