Question 5600G on A320m chipset?

kallisX

Sep 29, 2016
Hello, i have a cheap MSI board with a 2400G. i was thinking of getting the 5600G and automatically thought i needed a newer gen MB. to my surprise i noticed MSI now lists 5600G as supported:

but im not sure i trust it? iv seen others like in this video claim its updated but still does not work.

why does this sometimes work and not work? shouldnt it be a simple yes or no?
thanks.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
why does this sometimes work and not work? shouldnt it be a simple yes or no?
thanks.
Newer BIOS versions often add support for new CPUs. So be sure to update to the latest BIOS before you install a new CPU. Then it should work as is.

If you need complete certainty, an A520 board is the way to go. You don't -need- a B550 or even X570 since Cezanne doesn't support PCIe 4.0.

kallisX

Sep 29, 2016
yes ofcourse, im just seeing some reports saying this generation cpus are not always working when the updated bios is suppose to support it. so i was just wondering the reason why and if others have had issues with it.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
so i was just wondering the reason why and if others have had issues with it.
I think there was a short while AMD attempted to block Cezanne support on A320. It should be lifted now, but as always, check for official support from your mainboard manufacturer. Since MSI says it works, I see no reason to doubt it. You do need the absolutely latest beta BIOS from what their support page says.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator and Elite Member
Aug 22, 2001
yes ofcourse, im just seeing some reports saying this generation cpus are not always working when the updated bios is suppose to support it. so i was just wondering the reason why and if others have had issues with it.
Support for Cezanne on your board wasn't released until 2 months after that video. As to why some would still have problems, even after updating to the latest beta bios? User error is the most common reason.

I updated a x370 to support all Zen 3 and had no issues with either a 5700G or 5600.

Reactions: Icecold

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
My 5600G works great on Asrock A320M HDV 4.0. There shouldn't be issues as long as its on the BIOS supported list for the board.

That video is pretty old. Most A320 boards have supported Cezanne since April-June 2022.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

ASK THE COMMUNITY