5'10" and 185 lbs fat for a guy??

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
With guys, its more how much money they have. An overweight guy with a lot of money will still attract women. Especially if he wields some sort of power, such as being a CEO or holding public office.

PoloShirt

Banned
Oct 9, 2006
Originally posted by: Bateluer
With guys, its more how much money they have. An overweight guy with a lot of money will still attract women. Especially if he wields some sort of power, such as being a CEO or holding public office.

Only whorish women.

Any self respecting man will take a "nice looking" girl who is intelligent and self respecting over a model-looking bimbo.

And most self respecting classy girls will not date a guy just for his money.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: PoloShirt

Only whorish women.

Any self respecting man will take a "nice looking" girl who is intelligent and self respecting over a model-looking bimbo.

And most self respecting classy girls will not date a guy just for his money.

Its an evolutionary adaptation. A male with money and power can potentially provide better for offspring than the adult male working at McDs for minimum wage with 10 managers over him.

Even the intelligent, self respecting women will gravitate towards the wealthy, powerful men. Its a fact.

They don't always end up marrying the wealthy male, but the wealth and power will initially draw them in. At that point, its the male's character and personality that will hold them in.

It's a lot easier for a wealthy business owner to attract a female than the janitor.

PoloShirt

Banned
Oct 9, 2006
It's a lot easier for a wealthy business owner to attract a female than the janitor.

Ofcourse it is.

But the classy girl will be attracted to their intelligence and they still will have other standards that need to be met like looks and charm.

While a whorish girl will marry any rich guy no matter how dumb, fat, ugly he is.

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
I think guys do the same thing though too. I have seen alot of young guys go after older women with a lot of money. Those older women get conned and then end up taking care of those guys. Same philosophy, so it is not just the female gender who does this.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ValkyrieofHouston
I think guys do the same thing though too. I have seen alot of young guys go after older women with a lot of money. Those older women get conned and then end up taking care of those guys. Same philosophy, so it is not just the female gender who does this.
True dat.

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Gamingphreek
Im 5'7" 150lbs. Fit and in shape, but not as much muscle tone as i would like (ie: Not quite cut yet)

150lbs is a lot for 5'7.

Your insane. And if you think it is a lot, then it is mostly muscle my friend (I wrestled in High School and my body fat was measured at like 7.5% and I have been running since then (Until i injured my leg))

-Kevin

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Im 5'7" 150lbs. Fit and in shape, but not as much muscle tone as i would like (ie: Not quite cut yet)

150lbs is a lot for 5'7.

Your insane. And if you think it is a lot, then it is mostly muscle my friend (I wrestled in High School and my body fat was measured at like 7.5% and I have been running since then (Until i injured my leg))

-Kevin
It's a lot for a Nancy Boy like PoloShirt.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
before they injury i was 5'8" & 175# - turned out to be an ideal weight for me. i would mountain bike ~20MI/3-5wk. at 165# my hips would be too noticeable for my wife (in bed :D) so she like me @ 175#.

PoloShirt

Banned
Oct 9, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I was 105lbs, 5'11 tall when I graduated high school.

Now 5 years later, I'm hover around 112 - 115.

Clearly you're jealous.

I was the lightest guy in the school.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Clearly you're jealous.

Yeah I'm jealous a of sickly looking anorexic:roll: I take craps that are bigger than you (and have about the same IQ)

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
Anybody do the fat calibration water tank? It is pretty cool. I know there is a way to measure your metabolic rate with a machine that you breathe into for 15 minutes or so too.

PoloShirt

Banned
Oct 9, 2006
Yeah I'm jealous a of sickly looking anorexic:roll: I take craps that are bigger than you (and have about the same IQ)

My degree from University of Chicago disagrees.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

My degree from University of Chicago disagrees.
You major in eating disorders?

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005

Clearly you're jealous.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .......*breathes*......... *wipes away a tear*

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003

Clearly you're jealous.

105lbs when graduating HS? I've carried backpacks heavier than you. Get some meat on your bones Twiggy.