5'10" and 185 lbs fat for a guy??

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, with all the "do you think she's fat" threads...

Gals what do you consider fat on a guy, height and weight wise. Do you like the pot belly look, or the love handles (muffin top) look?

Just curious...

:evil:

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: ValkyrieofHouston
I'm sorry I just couldn't resist, with all the "do you think she's fat" threads...

Gals what do you consider fat on a guy, height and weight wise. Do you like the pot belly look, or the love handles (muffin top) look?

Just curious...

:evil:

what you trying to say? Im FAT!?

Oct 4, 2004
As a dude, I think a 5'10" 185lbs dude can be either 'big' or 'fat'. Big means you are fleshed out well overall - fat means you are trying to conceal a spare tire under your shirt.

I'm 6'0" and weigh 130lbs. Is that too thin?

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
As a dude, I think a 5'10" 185lbs dude can be either 'big' or 'fat'. Big means you are fleshed out well overall - fat means you are trying to conceal a spare tire under your shirt.

Pics? ;)

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
I'm about 5'6 and back up to 215 pounds. I am teh sexy ;) My love handles are going away though, and I am starting to see my 6 pack again. Then again, I have seen a guy a couple inches taller than me, weighing 10 lbs less, and he looks waaaay bigger than me.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Yep, even skinny girls can wear your clothes.

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005

Pics? ;)

Lo-Res & Blurry FTW!

You are pretty thin looking, but still cute face. Eat more protein! :D

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Einstein Element
I'm about 5'6 and back up to 215 pounds. I am teh sexy ;) My love handles are going away though, and I am starting to see my 6 pack again. Then again, I have seen a guy a couple inches taller than me, weighing 10 lbs less, and he looks waaaay bigger than me.

I highly doubt you have a 6-pack at 5'6" and 215 lbs. :roll:

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I'm inbetween 5-10 and 5-11, and I weigh 183 lbs. But I work out. Most of it is muscle. Flat stomach (no six pack) and no love handles. My goal is to hit above 190, and trim out rigorously to tone up and see if a six pack shows up.
Ladies of ATOT,
Is that ideal?

L

Lola

Most girls i know what a man that will be "bigger" than her. I feel the same way. I like having someone that is not scrawny. I want the man to protect me.
There is a difference between fat and built.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
5'10" AND 185 isn't fat.
According to your BMI of 26.4 you're only 2 pounds above being within the ideal weight range of 149-183. However, if you have any muscle mass at all, this will skew the weight.

You could probably stand to bulk up a little from the pic, but not too much. You're a healthy weight and many weight gaining techniques can result in unhealthy fat increases at older ages after you stop trying to gain. Try to keep your upper torso healthy...the fat in this area is what ultimately causes blockage in your heart. Stay lean and you'll live long. ;)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Here is an online weight calculator. You put in your height, age and all and it tells you what your ideal weight should be. http://www.fitnessonline.com/tools/idealweight/
These calc's are useless. I'm 5-6 180 with a large frame (unusually large shoulders), I powerlift and do martial arts. This calc says 164 should be my max weight but ask any lady on the street and she will say I'm dam sexy (think broad shouldered muscular Jet Li).

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

thats a rail... thats equivilent to a woman that is 5'5' and 80 lbs... you sir are chief of the stick people!

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
5'10" AND 185 isn't fat.
According to your BMI of 26.4 you're only 2 pounds above being within the ideal weight range of 149-183. However, if you have any muscle mass at all, this will skew the weight.

You could probably stand to bulk up a little from the pic, but not too much. You're a healthy weight and many weight gaining techniques can result in unhealthy fat increases at older ages after you stop trying to gain. Try to keep your upper torso healthy...the fat in this area is what ultimately causes blockage in your heart. Stay lean and you'll live long. ;)

I don't necessarily go by BMI because if you are more lean and have more muscle mass, meaning your 185lbs of solid muscle then that BMI means nothing.

However if you have a relatively sedentary lifestyle, and do not work out on a regular basis, then that BMI would be over 26 and that is overweight.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Here is an online weight calculator. You put in your height, age and all and it tells you what your ideal weight should be. http://www.fitnessonline.com/tools/idealweight/
These calc's are useless. I'm 5-6 180 with a large frame (unusually large shoulders), I powerlift and do martial arts. This calc says 164 should be my max weight but ask any lady on the street and she will say I'm dam sexy (think broad shouldered muscular Jet Li).

Any lady on the street corner is going to say your sexy. She just wants your money.:laugh:
j/k. As said before, any type of training that will alter that throws out the calculator.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006

Pics? ;)

You must be like a stick, no? I'm 5'8" or 5'9" and 135lbs. and I'm thin.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004

LOL you're a shrimp.

ValkyrieofHouston

Golden Member
Sep 26, 2005
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

Oooh, any pics?

Pics or Ban!