50 inch panny plasma from costco $300 cheaper within 2 weeks of purchase

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
so 2 weeks ago i bought a 50" panasonic plasma from costco, the 6U model for $2300. just now i was randomly browsing costco's tv section again and see the same model for $2000!! i read somewhere over at avsforums that costco stopped its pricematch policy. that doesn't make any sense to me, but anybody know if costco will refund the price difference? i suppose i could return and re-buy, but it'll take two people to lift if off the wall and onto the truck and bring the new one home, etc.

thanks

FP

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Damn, I have been holding off until these dropped below $2000. I really want to wait until the new 1080P Pannys come out but... so tempting.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
:head asplodes:

You people make my head hurt. Why should Costco pay you because prices fell weeks after you bought it, at Costco?

:cries:

Ticks

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2003
They should price match within 30 days...and you only get one.

at least mine in florida does.

call the membership desk and ask.

Dritnul

Jan 9, 2006
Originally posted by: dug777

You people make my head hurt. Why should Costco pay you because prices fell weeks after you bought it, at Costco?

most stores will if they drop the price within 2 weeks-4 weeks of purchase

because he could just return it with receipt for original price and then buy a new one which would save him the $300 and make them reshelve an open product. so why not avoid the middle step and just give him the money difference?

Edit: welcome back btw that happened while my PC was down

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
If the TV was on sale when you bought it, and then the sale price goes even lower within 30 days of purchase, you are legally entitled to a refund of the difference... at least in Canada you are. That said if it was regular price when you bought it then you don't technically have a right to ask for a refund on the difference, but if you ask them there is a decent chance they'd give it to you anyway I'd say.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Dritnul
Originally posted by: dug777

most stores will if they drop the price within 2 weeks-4 weeks of purchase

because he could just return it with receipt for original price and then buy a new one which would save him the $300 and make them reshelve an open product. so why not avoid the middle step and just give him the money difference?

Edit: welcome back btw that happened while my PC was down

:beer:

I kinda see your point too ;)

NoShangriLa

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2006
Originally posted by: eldorado99
If the TV was on sale when you bought it, and then the sale price goes even lower within 30 days of purchase, you are legally entitled to a refund of the difference... at least in Canada you are. That said if it was regular price when you bought it then you don't technically have a right to ask for a refund on the difference, but if you ask them there is a decent chance they'd give it to you anyway I'd say.
Sale price is final the minute you sign on the doted line, however most store have a 30 days return policy as an added value to attract repeat customers.

Most larger shops will refund the different if there is a price reduction within the 30 days if they have the 30 days refund policy in place.

<-- from the West Coast of Canada.

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
Originally posted by: NoShangriLa
Originally posted by: eldorado99
Sale price is final the minute you sign on the doted line, however most store have a 30 days return policy as an added value to attract repeat customers.

EDIT: I would try to refute your argument, but I fear the wine I am drinking too much of would obscure my judgment, so for now I'll just agree to disagree. :D

--Also from the West Coast.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
I had the same situation with an erector set. I had to return it, get a refund, go back in the store and buy the exact same item. They wouldn't just refund the difference nor let me buy back the item I just returned.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
If they wont price match it tell them you wish to return it, as soon as they hand you the money go buy another one :p

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
From my experience Costco does not pricematch, but you can return and rebuy the item. I bought a very large wall mirror from them once, and they had a coupon for it shortly afterwards. I brought in my coupon and receipt and asked them if they could refund me the difference and they said no, but they did say I could return it and rebuy it.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: binister
Damn, I have been holding off until these dropped below $2000. I really want to wait until the new 1080P Pannys come out but... so tempting.

They are out, but it ain't under $2000.

Kelnoen

Sep 20, 2006
Some credit card companies offer this, mine has protection for price drops (not including sales)

TanisHalfElven

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelnoen
Some credit card companies offer this, mine has protection for price drops (not including sales)

which credit card is this. i'd to get my hands on that