50 Cent gets $400 Million from VitaminWater deal after Coke buys the company

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Lots of jealous people here.

:thumbsup: to fitty.

He's a smarter businessman than 99% of you jokers.

Yeah but most of us will be alive in five years. 50 cent, not so much.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Yup, jealosy is a beeyoch... i think he lives near me too, maybe he could hook a brotha up :D

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Originally posted by: CoolTech
Originally posted by: Ackmed
He doesnt come close to netting $400 mil. There are lots, and lots of taxes. But he will get a very good part of it, over time.

yeah yeah, we know, taxes... but he made quite the business decision.

Yes, but saying he nets that much is incorrect, and should be changed. It really wont be anywhere near $400 mil, but still more than Ill make in my lifetime.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003

Do you think it was him making all the decisions... ? Not hardly. :eek:

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
if you can hustle bricks of cocaine, pallets of Vitamin water is cake. Hov is still better

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Gibson486
Originally posted by: Looney
I think Coke overpaid. I've never even heard of this drink before.

where have you been?

Around. I've just never seen Formula 50 before. I've seen the vitamin water from Publix and such, but never Formula 50.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts
I'm sorry.. I didn't realize this thread was the second coming of the Player Haters Ball.

"I wish you ill, 50 Cent."
it's because their haterade stock just plummeted =p

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
jealousy is rampant in these parts.

commercial was meh, but good for him, definitely making the most of his situation...

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: James3shin
if you can hustle bricks of cocaine, pallets of Vitamin water is cake. Hov is still better

"I sold kilo's of coke..i'm guessing I can sell CDs..."

Haha..the list of top 3 rappers came out and Fifty just passed Diddy thanks to this vitaminwater thing. It's now HOV at #1, Fifty at #2 and Diddy in the #3 spot. Hov's net worth close to half a billion while fifty's at 440$ mil.

TheFamilyMan

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: FallenHero
So now he is a POS that is 400 mil richer. Great.

Why is he a POS?:confused:

His music sucks
He can?t speak English
His name isn?t a really name and you can?t have "50 Cent" its "50 cents" it?s a damn plural

And how does this make him a POS?

He's a POS because he's peddled marijuana, coke, crack and God knows what else to kids. He's also been linked to and personally involved in assaults varying from simple beatings to, potentially, murder. Plain and simple...he's a POS that is out there showing kids that dealing drugs and murdering your own can get you the cash you need to record a CD. Good people everyday are killed for no reason and this one walks the earth without so much as a splinter in his finger...go figure. Why, oh why, couldn't just one of those 9 slugs that he got hit with a few years ago have hit a major organ/artery...

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002

All you need to know about economics can be learned down on the corner slangin' bags.

The trick is managing to stay alive to spend it.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: dudeman007
Originally posted by: rockyct
Originally posted by: cjgallen
As previously reported, the rapper will show off his classical skills in a new TV advertisement for the energy drink, when he conducts a symphony orchestra through a rendition of his breakthrough hit, In Da Club.
Oooh, I can't wait!

Youtube delivers once again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59A0Y7DSD4

it's a decent commercial
Terrible commercial. Makes me cringe:eek:

i agree

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: AlienCraft

All you need to know about economics can be learned down on the corner slangin' bags.

The trick is managing to stay alive to spend it.
Indeed. Buy low, sell high. The same economics apply, whether you're talking about cocaine, stocks, or a percentage stake of Vitamin Water.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Gibson486
I think Coke overpaid. I've never even heard of this drink before.

where have you been?

Around. I've just never seen Formula 50 before. I've seen the vitamin water from Publix and such, but never Formula 50.

enuff said. :)

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: TheFamilyMan

His music sucks
He can?t speak English
His name isn?t a really name and you can?t have "50 Cent" its "50 cents" it?s a damn plural

He's a POS because he's peddled marijuana, coke, crack and God knows what else to kids. He's also been linked to and personally involved in assaults varying from simple beatings to, potentially, murder. Plain and simple...he's a POS that is out there showing kids that dealing drugs and murdering your own can get you the cash you need to record a CD. Good people everyday are killed for no reason and this one walks the earth without so much as a splinter in his finger...go figure. Why, oh why, couldn't just one of those 9 slugs that he got hit with a few years ago have hit a major organ/artery...

Any crimes he has committed and not been punnished for will lay on his shoulders for the rest of his life. I guarantee you he is not involved in any of that anymore and that is all society can ask of people who commit crimes.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BigToque
Originally posted by: TheFamilyMan

His music sucks
He can?t speak English

Any crimes he has committed and not been punnished for will lay on his shoulders for the rest of his life. I guarantee you he is not involved in any of that anymore and that is all society can ask of people who commit crimes.

No doubt. I have two cousins and an aunt who served their time in jail for (cousins dealing, aunt using). They did their time and are now model citizens.

I show no ill will towards them and they are far from being a "POS"

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: OMoT

Jealous?

No. Not at all. I have no desire to be 50 cent at all. I think he is a POS because when one yells at a concert "Hey people, punch a white guy" and he actually means it, then the crowd follows his orders by attacking security....yeah, no respect. Of course, that is also in addition to the various stabbings and 2 shootings that also occurred at said concert. I have zero respect for the man and in all honesty, when he dies he will not be missed except by the Mexican drug lords.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
It'll be interesting to see what he does w/ all his new money. if he starts a solid charitable foundation then he most likely will have done more good in his life than most ATOTers.

If not, *shrug*, a waste of money