50 $139K Custom BMW M6's Sell Out in 92 Seconds

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/19/...marcus-bmw-m6-sells-out-in-92-seconds/

50 custom Neiman Marcus BMW M6 convertibles sold out in exactly 92 seconds on Wednesday, the automaker reported today. The special edition model was listed in the North American Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. The company began taking orders at exactly 12.00 p.m., and phone lines were almost instantly jammed with buyers attempting to secure their order.

BMW and Neiman Marcus announced the special edition model earlier this month. The car features the same 500 horsepower V10 engine as the regular M6 convertible, which was first launched in June.

The Neiman Marcus edition features a custom Ruby Black exterior finish accented with an interior with Piano Black trim elements. It comes with an 11-speaker Surround Sound stereo and six-disc CD changer. The drop-top grand tourer costs $139,000.
:Q Dizamn....that's $6.95 Million :Q

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/10/19/...marcus-bmw-m6-sells-out-in-92-seconds/

50 custom Neiman Marcus BMW M6 convertibles sold out in exactly 92 seconds on Wednesday, the automaker reported today. The special edition model was listed in the North American Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. The company began taking orders at exactly 12.00 p.m., and phone lines were almost instantly jammed with buyers attempting to secure their order.

BMW and Neiman Marcus announced the special edition model earlier this month. The car features the same 500 horsepower V10 engine as the regular M6 convertible, which was first launched in June.

The Neiman Marcus edition features a custom Ruby Black exterior finish accented with an interior with Piano Black trim elements. It comes with an 11-speaker Surround Sound stereo and six-disc CD changer. The drop-top grand tourer costs $139,000.
:Q Dizamn....that's $6.95 Billion :Q

you mean 6.95 million...

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Million. Significant difference. And the NM BMW usually sells out that fast. The target audience for The Book is pretty large and loves having what their neighbors can't get.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak

:Q Dizamn....that's $6.95 Million :Q

Fixed for mathematical reasons.

tw1164

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
I was going to buy one and resell it on ebay, but I was 51st on the list! Now I'll have to just stick to my PS3 and Elmos, jerks.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Originally posted by: DonVito
You suck at math. :p That is one impressive ride. 10/20/2006 08:56 AM [/quote]

Dizamn....that's $6.95 Million Edited: 10/20/2006 at 09:10 AM by fbrdphreak

:D

lightpants

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2001
Your ultimate driving experience includes meeting the BMW of your dreams in Munich while enjoying an exclusive European adventure including two business class tickets on Lufthansa® from New York, gourmet meals, and luxurious accommodations for four nights. You will be privy to "behind the scenes" access to BMW culture and have the opportunity to meet with the engineers and designers who were involved in the creation of our 2007 BMW Individual M6 Convertible. This once-in-a-lifetime trip is scheduled for Spring 2007.

Hey, it includes a trip for two to Germany to pick up the Car as well.

Price excludes all taxes, title, licensing and registration fees, and transportation costs

Does that mean you have to arrange for it to be shipped from Germany?
For $140 they should throw that in!

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: lightpants
Your ultimate driving experience includes meeting the BMW of your dreams in Munich while enjoying an exclusive European adventure including two business class tickets on Lufthansa® from New York, gourmet meals, and luxurious accommodations for four nights. You will be privy to "behind the scenes" access to BMW culture and have the opportunity to meet with the engineers and designers who were involved in the creation of our 2007 BMW Individual M6 Convertible. This once-in-a-lifetime trip is scheduled for Spring 2007.

Price excludes all taxes, title, licensing and registration fees, and transportation costs

hmm this sounds like the european delivery method

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: lightpants

hmm this sounds like the european delivery method

It probably has something to do with import laws in the US.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
how is this different from a "regular" M6? yeah, i read about the ruby black paint and piano black interior 'upgrade.' but I really don't see the point.

on a related news: Walmart to release their unlimited edition Kia Rio on the next Oprah Winfrey show.

ebeattie

May 22, 2005
I cant stand BMW's design philosophy now. They all look like bloated guppies, with the lone exception being the 3 series.

I cant wait to see the LS460 and the LS600 from Lexus destroy the crap outta German overengineered luxury.

Lexus. Pwning the crap outta the Germans since 1990. :p

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: ebeattie
I cant stand BMW's design philosophy now. They all look like bloated guppies, with the lone exception being the 3 series.

I cant wait to see the LS460 and the LS600 from Lexus destroy the crap outta German overengineered luxury.

Lexus. Pwning the crap outta the Germans since 1990. :p

Have you ever seen a bloated Guppy?
:confused:

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
WOW! Talk about sex on wheels. Anyone got some wallpapers other than the pic posted above?

That's a car you could rub one out to...

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I saw an M6 a few months ago. The car had Michigan plates and it was driving in the pouring rain. I like the design and power of the car. It's a BMW I would actually want. It's too bad that it has a BMW price tag on it.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: AdamK47 3DS
I saw an M6 a few months ago. The car had Michigan plates and it was driving in the pouring rain. I like the design and power of the car. It's a BMW I would actually want. It's too bad that it has a BMW price tag on it.

Yeah, who would have thought? :roll: