5 Ways to Turn a Liberal Into a Conservative (At Least Until the Hangover Sets In)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
:D

Conservatives don't object when liberals paddle their canoes about in the sand. We only object when liberals demand that conservatives drag their canoes for them because paddling about in sand is hard. Up until that point we find liberals amusing.

Not bad! :D

But the Liberal is simply trying to get the Conservative to see it really is water... And, if we can get y'all to labor a bit lugging our canoe too then we've succeeded in yet another endeavor.

I'm all in favor of having Conservatives and Liberals and what ever else there are... I figure in this day and age the Party to the Right has lots more muscle and the canoe do need to be lugged... so.. perhaps we'll help you help us and maybe we'll throw a party but bring a swim suit... regardless of water or sand the sun is nice up until you start to be cooked.... The canoe can provide shade in that eventuality...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
This is a pretty good analogy. Liberals are the ones the encouraged single-motherhood by making having bastard children and no-fault divorce socially acceptable.

Then they complain when all of those children of single mothers end up in poverty (I wonder why?).

So you support abortion and especially for single potential mothers?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I can see no way around it.

So, yes.

OK, fair enough...

I'd sure not stymie the right to terminate a pregnancy cuz God said... Nor advocate it because Government said...
I guess the Conservative folks should consider the conditions which a single mother and child face that could have been averted... and done so legally if she should so choose..

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
So basically the dumber and less rational you are, the more conservative you are?

im only 30 years old, so i definitely dont have a lot of experience... but i would have to agree 100% with that statement. rational people are liberal, its been pretty clear to me for awhile now.

ive always said though, i am republican by definition and liberal by reality. if republicans actually acted like republicans then i would be republican. but they dont. they act like damn fools. so that forces me to favor liberals. even though, really, im independent LOL :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
im only 30 years old, so i definitely dont have a lot of experience... but i would have to agree 100% with that statement. rational people are liberal, its been pretty clear to me for awhile now.

ive always said though, i am republican by definition and liberal by reality. if republicans actually acted like republicans then i would be republican. but they dont. they act like damn fools. so that forces me to favor liberals. even though, really, im independent LOL :D

We ought to be Americans voting for what or who WE individually believe to be in the best interests of America... and for no other reason. And when it is all said and done and until the next elections we should try to support what collectively we Americans create or empower.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is a pretty good analogy. Liberals are the ones the encouraged single-motherhood by making having bastard children and no-fault divorce socially acceptable.

Then they complain when all of those children of single mothers end up in poverty (I wonder why?).

You have to understand how your mind works, or more exactly how your mind doesn't work properly or even more exactly you have to understand, and won't that your thinking being defective will lead you to thinking there's nothing wrong with your thinking when there is. So:

1. Nothing I am about to say will be visible to you

2. You are faulting liberals for making something acceptable.

3. What liberals make acceptable then should actually be condemned.

4 What do you want condemned...women having children under certain conditions.

5. Women who have bastards should be condemned and women who get easy divorces should be condemned.

6. So your answer to problems is condemnation. And that is a known mental defect among conservatives.

7. Years ago women were condemned for this. I think they were given scarlet letters or something and shunned, another sick conservative anti Christian trait like what is done with lepers.

8. Liberals find threating people like this unjust. They don't like women who have children humiliated and treated like outcasts, especially they don't like what this does to their children. They also find it unjust that women should be forced to endure terrible marriages to animal men because being stigmatized for divorce is even worse.

9. So we see, if we can see, that you are really the very monster you see liberals being.

10. Liberals do not encourage these things, they want to prevent the damage that is done when fools try to discourage them with condemnation.

11. Condemnation is what creates conservative punitive thinking, thinking like the devil thinks, wanting folk to take a little walk in fire.

12. You do not fight evil with more evil.

13 There is only love.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Conservatives are not dumb. They have brain damage that has nothing to do with IQ. Many of them are dangerously smart. It's what LR talked about with the unconscious motivator coming first, and the intellect serving that bias. The motivator is always wrapped up in the ego and deeply ingrained, because the ego is there to allow us to survive and protect us as children, like Stockholm syndrome.

Conservatives need decontamination therapy, like cult members or folk with PST but they will never see it because it would be humiliating to their egos. I know how difficult it is. I used to be a fool and it took dying to cure me. In my case, maybe only a partial cure, but hey, better than nothing.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
(... snip snip )

13 There is only love.

I heard it said that a house divided against itself cannot stand.
Love and evil cannot be in the same person at the same time and 'stand'. Love cannot produce evil.

You defeat evil with love! But, evil cannot abide with love so it will reject it and continue to be evil...

Evil, therefore, must defeat itself from within... It must produce evil toward itself within itself and then and only then will the person fail to stand. It is this that allows love enter in. Me thinks.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
(... snip) I used to be a fool and it took dying to cure me. In my case, maybe only a partial cure, but hey, better than nothing.

Nah... you're fully cured! You exude love and compassion. You seek to help while enduring relentless attack. Only love can fuel such passion... And love is the standard against which good and bad are judged. Bad is evil, good is love... A healthy mind (conscious conscience maybe) is filled to the brim with love.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nah... you're fully cured! You exude love and compassion. You seek to help while enduring relentless attack. Only love can fuel such passion... And love is the standard against which good and bad are judged. Bad is evil, good is love... A healthy mind (conscious conscience maybe) is filled to the brim with love.

I know better, but you can only see what you are.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You have to understand how your mind works, or more exactly how your mind doesn't work properly or even more exactly you have to understand, and won't that your thinking being defective will lead you to thinking there's nothing wrong with your thinking when there is. So:

1. Nothing I am about to say will be visible to you

2. You are faulting liberals for making something acceptable.

3. What liberals make acceptable then should actually be condemned.

4 What do you want condemned...women having children under certain conditions.

5. Women who have bastards should be condemned and women who get easy divorces should be condemned.

6. So your answer to problems is condemnation. And that is a known mental defect among conservatives.

7. Years ago women were condemned for this. I think they were given scarlet letters or something and shunned, another sick conservative anti Christian trait like what is done with lepers.

8. Liberals find threating people like this unjust. They don't like women who have children humiliated and treated like outcasts, especially they don't like what this does to their children. They also find it unjust that women should be forced to endure terrible marriages to animal men because being stigmatized for divorce is even worse.

9. So we see, if we can see, that you are really the very monster you see liberals being.

10. Liberals do not encourage these things, they want to prevent the damage that is done when fools try to discourage them with condemnation.

11. Condemnation is what creates conservative punitive thinking, thinking like the devil thinks, wanting folk to take a little walk in fire.

13 There is only love.

On 4.) Yes. Women who have children they cannot afford should be condemned. Liberals have said for at least 4 decades that having a child is entirely a woman choice. therefore the responsibility lies 100% with them.

5.) Yes. Absolutely. Although I am also opposed to men get easy divorces.

6.) You cannot accept everything. Do you condemn rape? Or is that acceptable as well?

8.) It is not unjust for people to suffer for their own poor choices. It is unjust to make other suffer for your own poor choices.

And why are you assuming that only men are animals?

10.) If we made it so there were no consequences for shop lifting, do you think the amount of shop lifting would increase or decrease?

11.) So again you dont think you can condemn anything. So therefore rape, murder, etc should have no consequences.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Moonie, Moonie, Moonie, poor little self-hating Moonie. The problem here is that you are one with the mental defect ...

See, an article said so, so it must be true.

I would like to see the science behind what he is saying? Do you have a link? As what you quoted there looks overly simplified, especially the points just looks like republican talking points. Where the same could be said about republicans and the right.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I would like to see the science behind what he is saying? Do you have a link? As what you quoted there looks overly simplified, especially the points just looks like republican talking points. Where the same could be said about republicans and the right.

I'm sure if you cared enough you could Google your way to informed, I mean, you liberals are like super smart amirite!?!?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
So you don't have the link?

You're not smart enough to find it on Google? Come on, I thought you liberals were the smarties? Is it too hard for you to find? See, I don't actually care enough to do research for you, I think the original post, and my counter post are both moronic, and anyone that tries to draw the conclusions either did based on someone's political views is just as moronic.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
You're not smart enough to find it on Google? Come on, I thought you liberals were the smarties? Is it too hard for you to find? See, I don't actually care enough to do research for you, I think the original post, and my counter post are both moronic, and anyone that tries to draw the conclusions either did based on someone's political views is just as moronic.

Which is why you look at the actual science. So it seems you don't have the link and haven't looked at what science might actually be behind what you posted. That is the actual interesting part. You were the one that posted the quote, just as I posted a link to the article. I hoped that you would have the link to the quote you posted, I guess that was too much to hope for.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Oh yeah then there are people who have nothing rather than their own opinions and delusional ideas to back up their opinion. Stuff like you see on the show ancient aliens, they have their agenda and it may has nothing to do with reality.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Which is why you look at the actual science. So it seems you don't have the link and haven't looked at what science might actually be behind what you posted. That is the actual interesting part. You were the one that posted the quote, just as I posted a link to the article. I hoped that you would have the link to the quote you posted, I guess that was too much to hope for.

lol, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's official, you're a joke.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
lol, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but it's official, you're a joke.

Would that be cosmically official, or just official according to the little Kangaroo court you preside over in your head? Poor poor egotistical conservative truthiness where nothing is ever just an opinion but the official Word of God. It's official, I tell you Hehehehehe, and the other guy is the joke. Hahahahahahaha

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Would that be cosmically official, or just official according to the little Kangaroo court you preside over in your head? Poor poor egotistical conservative truthiness where nothing is ever just an opinion but the official Word of God. It's official, I tell you Hehehehehe, and the other guy is the joke. Hahahahahahaha

I think you became a joke when your views accept rape and murder.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I think you became a joke when your views accept rape and murder.
Yet again, the fact that you have to lie about your opponents only serves to show how weak your position is and how bad you are at honest discussion. You're purportedly new here, but your posting style is quickly marking you as someone to be summarily dismissed as just another misinformed wing-nut blowhard, capable only of parroting the day's RNC propaganda points, full of bluster while devoid of knowledge and reason. Is that what you're shooting for? If so, carry on, but be aware that P&N is swarming with such deadwood already. If you want to establish yourself as someone to be taken seriously, you might consider addressing others' arguments honestly, accurately, and directly ... if you can.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Yet again, the fact that you have to lie about your opponents only serves to show how weak your position is and how bad you are at honest discussion. You're purportedly new here, but your posting style is quickly marking you as someone to be summarily dismissed as just another misinformed wing-nut blowhard, capable only of parroting the day's RNC propaganda points, full of bluster while devoid of knowledge and reason. Is that what you're shooting for? If so, carry on, but be aware that P&N is swarming with such deadwood already. If you want to establish yourself as someone to be taken seriously, you might consider addressing others' arguments honestly, accurately, and directly ... if you can.

He clearly stated that condemning people is wrong and a sign of conservative mental illness.

Therefore we can conclude that unless he is accusing himself of mental illness that he think condemning people for rape and murder is wrong.

If he does not condemn them then he accepts them.