5 Ways to Turn a Liberal Into a Conservative (At Least Until the Hangover Sets In)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
So in summary, people who are in a cautious, in a hurry, want to clean their hands, or under the influence of alcohol seem to be more conservative.

This article is a waste of time. But then again, liberals have nothing better to do.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What does it say about liberals that they think expecting people to be responsible for their actions is a sign of mental illness?

What it says about us is that we can't condemn you for this ridiculous thinking of yours because you have to think as you do. You are incapable of responsible thinking. The fact that people are not responsible for their thinking is a delusion you maintain because you have been punished for thinking differently in the past and it's not a mistake you will ever allow again. You choose being brain dead over rational thinking because you had to to stay alive. You were forced to make the choices you did. So now you can't see that everything you think is programmed and you can't even look now that you are safe to see the truth of it.

The notion of responsibility is a conservative brain disease. Your whole world view is built on a lie. All the pain and punishment you received to make you the perfect being you are today, was all totally unjust and without reason. Be sure to get yourself comfortably ensconced in a rubber room before you take this in because if you ever come to feel what was done to you, you're going to be really pissed. Take my word on this.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Attic: The article was crafty in putting the cart before the horse, 100% the author is left leaning. You'd have to presuppose the liberal mentality is the correct one for those tests to be at all amusing. So needless to say, i'm sure this one is a big hit with liberals.

M: Science always is.

A: Lets argue about the questions that this author asked the candidates and figure out which policy or response is most reasonable based on superior results and not rhetoric. Then we can consider the benefits of those who don't waver in their viewpoints under varying conditions (conservatives in this particular trial) vs those whom did.

M: No liberal solutions have ever been tried without being sabotaged by the right.

A: You liberals have to realize that conservatives wouldn't mind one bit living under liberal policies if those liberals policies resulted in a better country. To conservatives dissent from their viewpoint is largely discussed and valued, to liberals dissent is dismissed attacked and belittled.

M: Of course is is the product of a brain defect.

A: Conservatives understand the liberal mindset to a greater degree than liberals understand conservatives.

M: I believe what we have here is that conservatives judge morality on more factors than liberals do which is just like saying that sicker people understand sickness better than healthier people.

A: The acceptance of the goodwill of an opponents argument is paramount in most conservative discussions, because the opposing viewpoint is valuable. I can't say the same for how liberals treat their opposition, which is ironic given the mirage of tolerance they claim as home base.

M: It's a big problem when every time you want to talk to somebody you're talking to a brain disease instead. But I'm always happy to try.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
So in summary, people who are in a cautious, in a hurry, want to clean their hands, or under the influence of alcohol seem to be more conservative.

This article is a waste of time. But then again, liberals have nothing better to do.

Let's see...
No,
No,
No,
and No.

Looks like you got it exactly!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

It is a waste of time for you because having the defects described also means you can't see you have them.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I think at times it is instructive to simply let the facts speak for themselves... We don't have to travel far in the past to dig up facts to contrast against the 'facts' the Conservative deep thinkers have been presenting to the Nation...

In 2008 the Conservative Party nominated John McCain and if that was not enough they blessed Sarah Palin. They should have been wondering what did they do, but, nope... They instead tried to convince the voter that their nominees were the cream of the crop and ready to lead the nation.

Fast forward to 2011 and 2012... This time who do they intend to nominate... ASPCA favorite, Willard Romney... but only after leaving Newt, Paul, Santorum, 999, Huntsman, Ricky and not to forget Minnesota's finest, Ms Bachman, milling about pondering which of their cohorts to cast their support to as they found way after way to eliminate themselves from the contest.

The question should be: Why McCain and why Romney? I think it is obvious that the Conservative mind wants to have Obama remain in office so they can continue to stymie the workings of government and in the process drag the nation down the tubes in the hope that a Corporate Government Ala 1984 with them and their friends at the helm can save the people from themselves.

Either that or they are plumb loco...

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Based on my independent research with an admittedly small sample size, drunk women are more likely to have premarital sex, therefore I can only conclude that the effect of alcohol is the opposite for females.

I haven't heard someone refer to their penis as a "sample" before.

Fern

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
The idea that a stupid thought process leads to conservative views doesn't necessarily mean conservative views are stupid, or that all conservatives are stupid. To use the consumer comparison, people can buy good products for dumb reasons.

Of course the same problem exists on the left. People CAN be attracted to liberal ideas because they are lazy or selfish (the "I want free stuff" problem), that doesn't mean all liberals are lazy or that liberal ideas themselves are bad.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I haven't heard someone refer to their penis as a "sample" before.

Fern

While not everyone refers to their penis as a sample; it certainly seems that given the general content of a particular forum user's posts, their little head most likely does possess more critical thinking ability than their big head. And it permeates all sides of a given topic as well.

alzan

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Yippy, another self congratulatory circle jerk, of holier than thou progressives.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
STOP POINTING THINGS OUT DAMMIT!
They dont like thinking about it.

I could point out that you are projecting your fearful feelings of inferiority on liberals and some of them may be guilty, but I maintain that you can't help the fact that you can't think, as I have said over and over. The conservative brain disease in fact is all about the fact that your sense of truth and your conceit are part and parcel the same thing. You can't reason properly, your ego says reasoning properly is a good characteristic you have in spades, so you blind yourself to its absence to protect your overgrown childish egos. Then you blame liberals when THEY point this out to you. You poor bastards are hopelessly lost and don't know it. The first requirement for curing a mental disease is the admission you have it. So it's not liberals who are fucking you, it's yourselves, another fact that makes you so uncomfortable you'll never see it. This is why you have a disease and why people not so sick can see it and take pity on you. You are just wild animals caught in a trap with dysfunctional minds that can't see that the folk coming to set you free aren't coming to tag and bag you. You were tagged and bagged as children, remember what kind of Dad you had?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Wow, yet another liberal article pointing out that you guys are soooo much smarter than we conservatives. No one* could possibly have seen that coming. Now we'll HAVE to agree to support you and pay for your education, health care, child care, cell phone, broadband Internet, etc. I mean, no one as smart as you guys can be reasonably expected to support themselves with all that brain activity going on.

*And of course by no one I mean everyone. Or at least everyone bright enough to laugh at yet another round of self-aggrandizement.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
You could also conclude that "liberal" thinking (the new meaning, not the original) is far more fragile and requires a person's full mental faculties to constantly convince themselves that they're correct...

:whiste:

There might be truth to this. Right leaning idea might feel right and get a emotional response while left leaning ideas is thought to be right. That would explain why arguing about it is difficult since people are approaching the ideas differently.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I could point out that you are projecting your fearful feelings of inferiority on liberals and some of them may be guilty, but I maintain that you can't help the fact that you can't think, as I have said over and over. The conservative brain disease in fact is all about the fact that your sense of truth and your conceit are part and parcel the same thing. You can't reason properly, your ego says reasoning properly is a good characteristic you have in spades, so you blind yourself to its absence to protect your overgrown childish egos. Then you blame liberals when THEY point this out to you. You poor bastards are hopelessly lost and don't know it. The first requirement for curing a mental disease is the admission you have it. So it's not liberals who are fucking you, it's yourselves, another fact that makes you so uncomfortable you'll never see it. This is why you have a disease and why people not so sick can see it and take pity on you. You are just wild animals caught in a trap with dysfunctional minds that can't see that the folk coming to set you free aren't coming to tag and bag you. You were tagged and bagged as children, remember what kind of Dad you had?

So let me get this straight. If someone breaks into your house and steals your HDTv, your money, your jewelry, etc. It is not the thief who has screwed you over, but yourself?

o_O

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So let me get this straight. If someone breaks into your house and steals your HDTv, your money, your jewelry, etc. It is not the thief who has screwed you over, but yourself?

o_O

You have conservative brain disease. When you say, let me get this straight, you don't mean let me get this straight, but let me fabricate a lie so I can pretend somebody said something obviously stupid. As a conservative your thought processes are all designed to obfuscate the truth rather than reveal it to you because you are absolutely certain in a truthiness kind of way that you already know what is true.

You will never engage your deepest truth with a liberal in debate because you will lose. All your cherished beliefs are merely opinions that were forced down your throat and which now form the bedrock of your ego. You can't engage in real dialog because you would die. You have the most powerful denial going that a person can have, your ego survival.

What you need to stick in your pipe and smoke is that there are folk around like me who can see straight through you because I already died and have nothing left to protect. I'm like your worst nightmare. You want so much to drink from my cup but you are afraid. I can tell you nothing, but only suggest you come on in because the water is fine, fine beyond your wildest dreams.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You have conservative brain disease. When you say, let me get this straight, you don't mean let me get this straight, but let me fabricate a lie so I can pretend somebody said something obviously stupid. As a conservative your thought processes are all designed to obfuscate the truth rather than reveal it to you because you are absolutely certain in a truthiness kind of way that you already know what is true.

You will never engage your deepest truth with a liberal in debate because you will lose. All your cherished beliefs are merely opinions that were forced down your throat and which now form the bedrock of your ego. You can't engage in real dialog because you would die. You have the most powerful denial going that a person can have, your ego survival.

What you need to stick in your pipe and smoke is that there are folk around like me who can see straight through you because I already died and have nothing left to protect. I'm like your worst nightmare. You want so much to drink from my cup but you are afraid. I can tell you nothing, but only suggest you come on in because the water is fine, fine beyond your wildest dreams.

Moonie, Moonie, Moonie, poor little self-hating Moonie. The problem here is that you are one with the mental defect ...

Liberals clinically mad, concludes top psychiatrist
Eminent doctor makes case leftist ideology is a mental disorder
WND
WASHINGTON – Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.
“Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded,” says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, “The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness.” “Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.”
While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to “the vast right-wing conspiracy.”
For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.
Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.
“A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do,” he says. “A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation’s citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do.”
Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
* creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
* satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
* augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
“The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind,” he says. “When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.”

See, an article said so, so it must be true.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Moonie, Moonie, Moonie, poor little self-hating Moonie. The problem here is that you are one with the mental defect ...

Sadly, that's just truthiness speaking and truthiness is the defective form of thinking.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
I thought "give them money" was going to be on the list ;)

You mean millions or billions, because lots and lots of conservatives are poor white trash while many Liberals are educated, highly compensated people.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Sadly, that's just truthiness speaking and truthiness is the defective form of thinking.

Ah... the poor poor Conservative...

They see Moonbeam paddling about in the sand and call him looney cuz no one in their right mind uses a canoe where a dune buggy is appropriate... They can loosely see where a canoe may be used but not very efficiently... but, they never once notice you are in an oasis filled with water. To them it may be seen but they call it a mirage... Their mind cannot accept that they may predicate their philosophy on a false assumption...
First comes the predicate then the flowing gibberish is justified by construction of supportive conditions non of which are factual...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You mean millions or billions, because lots and lots of conservatives are poor white trash while many Liberals are educated, highly compensated people.

Yup, them edumcated liberals gots white guilt liberal's disease.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Ah... the poor poor Conservative...

They see Moonbeam paddling about in the sand and call him looney cuz no one in their right mind uses a canoe where a dune buggy is appropriate... They can loosely see where a canoe may be used but not very efficiently... but, they never once notice you are in an oasis filled with water. To them it may be seen but they call it a mirage... Their mind cannot accept that they may predicate their philosophy on a false assumption...
First comes the predicate then the flowing gibberish is justified by construction of supportive conditions non of which are factual...
:D

Conservatives don't object when liberals paddle their canoes about in the sand. We only object when liberals demand that conservatives drag their canoes for them because paddling about in sand is hard. Up until that point we find liberals amusing.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
:D

Conservatives don't object when liberals paddle their canoes about in the sand. We only object when liberals demand that conservatives drag their canoes for them because paddling about in sand is hard. Up until that point we find liberals amusing.

This is a pretty good analogy. Liberals are the ones the encouraged single-motherhood by making having bastard children and no-fault divorce socially acceptable.

Then they complain when all of those children of single mothers end up in poverty (I wonder why?).