5 Ways to Turn a Liberal Into a Conservative (At Least Until the Hangover Sets In)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Yes, I have been discussing these conservative brain defects in several threads I started now. The facts point to environmental stress in childhood creating long lasting and potentially immutable changes in the brain, ones that show up in neurological tests, that prevent rational thinking in adults, replacing logic and scientific thinking with the phenomenon of truthiness, the sense of egotistical correctness, i am 'RIGHT' and 'I' am right. This, coupled with projection create a dangerous citizen that works toward his or her own self destruction and thereby, the destruction of the rest of us.

Awareness develops with need, and as we pace more rapidly to our self immolation as a nation, more and more people will be waking up to these facts.

It's a race between the evolution of consciousness and death, between people who think and the brain dead, between the need to see these poor idiots not as dangerous criminals who need to be eliminated and put down thus feeding their illness, but instead the application of compassion as one would for any who are sick. It's hard to love sleep-walking zombies who are out to kill you, but any other approach is conservative, succumbing to the same kinds of stress that created these crippled fools in the first place.

Liberals need to understand they are dealing with people who are ill like alcoholics are ill, ill but in deep denial. Much more scientific research needs to be done to illuminate this disease to the public and to find a cure.

Last edited:

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
The article was crafty in putting the cart before the horse, 100% the author is left leaning. You'd have to presuppose the liberal mentality is the correct one for those tests to be at all amusing. So needless to say, i'm sure this one is a big hit with liberals.

Lets argue about the questions that this author asked the candidates and figure out which policy or response is most reasonable based on superior results and not rhetoric. Then we can consider the benefits of those who don't waver in their viewpoints under varying conditions (conservatives in this particular trial) vs those whom did.

You liberals have to realize that conservatives wouldn't mind one bit living under liberal policies if those liberals policies resulted in a better country. To conservatives dissent from their viewpoint is largely discussed and valued, to liberals dissent is dismissed attacked and belittled.

Conservatives understand the liberal mindset to a greater degree than liberals understand conservatives. The acceptance of the goodwill of an opponents argument is paramount in most conservative discussions, because the opposing viewpoint is valuable. I can't say the same for how liberals treat their opposition, which is ironic given the mirage of tolerance they claim as home base.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I wouldn't be conscience, if I got drunk enough to change from a Liberal to a "Conservative"

:)

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
All those test require very little brain function. Interesting.

:hmm:

Rangoric

Apr 5, 2006
To conservatives dissent from their viewpoint is largely discussed and valued, to liberals dissent is dismissed attacked and belittled.

Conservatives understand the liberal mindset to a greater degree than liberals understand conservatives.

So, the people you "argue" with are idiots, but you are intelligent.

So, care to point out some of this "Dissent that is valued or discussed"? I'd love to see it.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
So getting someone drunk makes someone more conservative. :p
Which leads to the less someone is able to think more likely they are to be conservative. :eek:

I do like the small sample sizes though... it's like he thinks something that small has any significance.

If any of it looked a bit insulting look the titles of the books he wrote.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
So basically the dumber and less rational you are, the more conservative you are?

I don't think that squares. And I'm liberal.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
The article was crafty in putting the cart before the horse, 100% the author is left leaning. You'd have to presuppose the liberal mentality is the correct one for those tests to be at all amusing. So needless to say, i'm sure this one is a big hit with liberals.

Lets argue about the questions that this author asked the candidates and figure out which policy or response is most reasonable based on superior results and not rhetoric. Then we can consider the benefits of those who don't waver in their viewpoints under varying conditions (conservatives in this particular trial) vs those whom did.

You can read the studies sited, just click on the links.

You liberals have to realize that conservatives wouldn't mind one bit living under liberal policies if those liberals policies resulted in a better country. To conservatives dissent from their viewpoint is largely discussed and valued, to liberals dissent is dismissed attacked and belittled.

Conservatives understand the liberal mindset to a greater degree than liberals understand conservatives. The acceptance of the goodwill of an opponents argument is paramount in most conservative discussions, because the opposing viewpoint is valuable. I can't say the same for how liberals treat their opposition, which is ironic given the mirage of tolerance they claim as home base.

Anyone else find this funny? I see nothing here but nonsense, you could easily switch the words liberal and conservative and would be just as much nonsense. Both sides have idiots, and unless you have some proof that what you assert is true looking at the studies will be much more interesting.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
What does it say about liberals that they think expecting people to be responsible for their actions is a sign of mental illness?

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
What does it say about liberals that they think expecting people to be responsible for their actions is a sign of mental illness?

This response is exactly the sort of thing that these studies showed in conservative thinking. Plus where liberal thinkers went when their mental capacity was compromised.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Based on my independent research with an admittedly small sample size, drunk women are more likely to have premarital sex, therefore I can only conclude that the effect of alcohol is the opposite for females.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You could also conclude that "liberal" thinking (the new meaning, not the original) is far more fragile and requires a person's full mental faculties to constantly convince themselves that they're correct...

:whiste:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You could also conclude that "liberal" thinking (the new meaning, not the original) is far more fragile and requires a person's full mental faculties to constantly convince themselves that they're correct...

Dont argue with the liberals on this forum. They always win.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Based on my independent research with an admittedly small sample size, drunk women are more likely to have premarital sex, therefore I can only conclude that the effect of alcohol is the opposite for females.

A+ would read again.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
So basically the dumber and less rational you are, the more conservative you are?

I don't think that squares. And I'm liberal.

None of these studies had anything to do with baseline political stance.

It's entirely possible to be an intelligent, deep-thinking conservative. However, Conservative value include non-interference, and retributive (eye-for-an-eye) justice, which are the 'easy' answer to most questions (regardless of whether they are 'correct').

It makes sense that a distracted person will give the obvious answer more often than when not distracted, especially if they would normally prefer to 'think' before answering.

For example, my default policy is non-interference, but in many, many situations, the details cause me to support 'interference'. I would classify myself as a Liberal, but one who considers each and every issue.

Give me six beers and start asking me policy questions, and I'll definitely sound like a Conservative.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
None of these studies had anything to do with baseline political stance.

It's entirely possible to be an intelligent, deep-thinking conservative. However, Conservative value include non-interference, and retributive (eye-for-an-eye) justice, which are the 'easy' answer to most questions (regardless of whether they are 'correct').

It makes sense that a distracted person will give the obvious answer more often than when not distracted, especially if they would normally prefer to 'think' before answering.

For example, my default policy is non-interference, but in many, many situations, the details cause me to support 'interference'. I would classify myself as a Liberal, but one who considers each and every issue.

Give me six beers and start asking me policy questions, and I'll definitely sound like a Conservative.

That "breed" has been extinct for 20+ years.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Is it any surprise that believing we should let people do whatever they want and then bailing them out for making bad choices requires substantially more cognitive energy and attention?

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
That "breed" has been extinct for 20+ years.

Political leaders of that breed have been extinct for 20+ years.

But intelligent Conservatives are very much around.

By and large they don't vote "Conservative" anymore, if they vote at all.

Liberalism in politics is only 'almost' dead. Conservatism is stone-cold dead.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Political leaders of that breed have been extinct for 20+ years.

But intelligent Conservatives are very much around.

By and large they don't vote "Conservative" anymore, if they vote at all.

Liberalism in politics is only 'almost' dead. Conservatism is stone-cold dead.

When the "conservative" candidate is on his third wife, and asked his 2nd wife for an open-marriage I think this is pretty clear.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Is it typical "liberal" intelligence to think that the average income in a podunk city is $100K/yr? Or were you drunk?

How can someone be so omnipotent but yet be such a worthless leaching lazy motherfucker?